HybridZ

What insurance for your hybrid Z

nick-james

For the folks that have put plenty of money and sweat equity in making their hybrid beasts, what insurance company do you have? I feel that with all the time and effort I've placed into mine (still not done), I would want more than a simple bluebook calculation of it's value if the worse were to happen and it was totaled out. Thanks in advance for the reply.

I did tons of research last year when I took my 240 off my state farm policy and moved to a specialty policy. I keep my cars in a commercial shop I share with a few friends and there we something in the hagerty policy language that didn't sit well with me. Grundy had some mileage restrictions and seemed really strict via the agent I spoke with and American collectors required the drivers licenses, SS and driving record of anyone that had keys to the shop I was keeping then in including the landlord!

I ended up selecting Anpac's CHROME policy whos agent stressed that collector cars should be driven so they are fairly relaxed on some of the mileage rules as well as what the ad could be used for...they told me i could take it to work occasionally. I got a multi car discount plus they insure all my spare parts and my tools for very little money. They do check your credit, so if you've had some trouble may not get the best rate...I belIeve almost all companies do this now though.

Either way it pays to really thoroughly check all the language in your policy and request a copy of the exact policy document before signing anything...unlike twenty years or even tens years ago there are plenty of choices out there now.

I did tons of research last year when I took my 240 off my state farm policy and moved to a specialty policy. I keep my cars in a commercial shop I share with a few friends and there we something in the hagerty policy language that didn't sit well with me. Grundy had some mileage restrictions and seemed really strict via the agent I spoke with and American collectors required the drivers licenses, SS and driving record of anyone that had keys to the shop I was keeping then in including the landlord!

Curious what was the language you disliked? Was this specific due to your storage or applicable to anyone who has Hagerty? Please share.

Wish I could remember exactly what it was with hagarty, this was a year and a half ago so I don't really remember. I had policies from hagerty, Grundy, American collectors, Usaa, anpac and one other and anpac won out. I believe that hagerty had a problem with my storage arrangement, plus the usage wasnt where I wanted to be and it was a good deal pricier as well.

Is there anything for the under 25 crowd, without a garaged household, and a large wallet. I dont mind the mileage limitations but most of the collector car insurances require you to have a garage and full coverage on a daily driver.(which in my case is in excess of 300 dollars a month, and its a 2000 ford ranger pickup...)

I got quotes from hagarty, grundy, american etc but ended up getting a stated value plan with Nationwide along with a multicar discount for switching my truck as well. Still ended up cheaper than what i was paying for just the truck with geico, which was nearly half of what we paid state farm years ago.

Nationwide did require either a bill of sale or an appraisal for the stated value though.

Edited by ryan95i4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was afraid that in the event of an accident, the insurance company would refuse to cover me if they discovered that my car had been modified.

I was able to get quotes from State Farm and AAA - both did not care that it had any modifications.

Very reasonable too... AAA was only $55 x 6 payments for 1 year coverage (for the state minimum of liability coverage.

State Farm was $60/ month for more than the state minimum or $80/month for both liability and comprehensive

.. so i am relieved about that.

Hagerty for both my 77 and our 91 TT. Mine is for 15k, the TT is 10k I think. I pay $300 a year or something like that for the 77.

Except they have to be garaged so we are having a hard time here in NJ finding a house with a 2 car garage that's in our price range.

Hagerty for both my 77 and our 91 TT. Mine is for 15k, the TT is 10k I think. I pay $300 a year or something like that for the 77.

Except they have to be garaged so we are having a hard time here in NJ finding a house with a 2 car garage that's in our price range.

you should of never left me you sob

you should of never left me you sob

Can't say I can call NJ "home" yet. Part of that is our shitty temp. apartment. And that everytime I start getting comfortable, I have to fill up the car. Or, rather, SOME MINIMUM WAGE ****** IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO DO IT FOR ME.

45'HC's will fit three 280Z 2+2's inside with some maneuvering room at back, or front. It's a good place to store tyres and such...Two in there gives you quite a bit of storage...The ramps I use are the standard plastic crappy ones they sell at Autozone.

Edited by Tony D