HybridZ

Holley 390 questions.

Have a few questions.

I have a 260Z with a Holley 390 carburetor with electric choke. I have previously only worked with dellortos and su, so Holley carburetors is new for me. Idle speed is 1500, is this normal? The engine stops below 1500. Found this post just want to have it confirmed if this is correct.My link

Do I need to replace the fuel lines/pipes all the way from the tank to the carburetor or does it work with the original size of the fuel lines/pipes?

Thanks.

No, an idle of 1500 RPM is not normal. There is no reason the Holley cannot be made to work well and run and idle normally. It sounds like the idle circuit might be very lean for some reason. Check the idle circuit for blocked jets and such. If this is not the problem you might need to use bigger idle jets.

No, an idle of 1500 RPM is not normal. There is no reason the Holley cannot be made to work well and run and idle normally. It sounds like the idle circuit might be very lean for some reason. Check the idle circuit for blocked jets and such. If this is not the problem you might need to use bigger idle jets.

Before I start to disassemble the carburetor, Can a vacuum leak cause this?