HybridZ

New tech article: MegaSquirt Acceleration Enrichment Tuning

Matt Cramer

MegaSquirt Acceleration Enrichment Tuning

Having trouble dialing out flat spots when you hit the gas? Stumped by the Acceleration Wizard? This article can help. If you have any questions it doesn't answer, post them here and I'll see if I can get them added!

Very good article! I have a related question. When you run the calibration wizard for the TPS, how big is the dynamic range? I ask because my TPS signal goes from ~0V to ~5V at WOT. This translates in the wizard to ~0 to ~700 "units". Are the units in analog-to-digital units? Because with a 12 bit ADC I would expect to get 4096 steps so it seems like I am not getting the resolution I should get thus a noisier signal for TPSdot. Should by TPS put out 0 - 12V?

My TPS is from a 240sx if that makes a difference. So for anyone who cares - what does your TPS calibration read at no throttle and full throttle?

MS2 V3.57 board, don't have the firmware version in front of me if that makes a difference.

Not running the latest version of TunerStudio yet, I think I have the next-to-last version.

Edited by DCZ

The MS2 normally uses the ADC in 10 bit mode (1024 steps), so that range is perfectly all right. MS1 uses an 8 bit ADC, 256 steps.

That's good to know. I'll have to look into my grounds and the wire routing to see if I can clean that signal up a bit. I'm having more trouble from a relatively small, slow throttle tip-in than from a quick stab.