HybridZ

1980 280zx

CaptainJoe87

It's bouncy right now but its all tire flex. The ones I have on the stock wheels are big and old.

What all do people usually need off a turbo car? I know manifold, dizzy, ecu. Anything else worth grabbing?

If its still there Monday I will consider it. Pulling all that stuff is going to take some time.

Edited by CaptainJoe87

Yea, all that stuff was there, ill have to see how much it would cost me and decide if I have that to spare right now.

More sensor problems, my coolant temp sensor is on the fritz. $27 from AutoZone though so shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by CaptainJoe87

Just so I'm clear, stock wheels are 14x6 +12 right? Making the backspacing 4". How are people fitting rota rbs that have 4.5" on s13 coilovers? I haven't measured so idk how much wider my tire makes things but if anyone has some insight I would appreciate it. I plan on taking some measurements tomorrow.

Yea, I measured it yesterday. Stock wheels are 14x6 +12 making them 4" backspace. Mine have some beefy 205's on them I think and even with a 1/4" spacer up front they still rub tire. But with some tire stretch and a 1/4" spacer the Rota rbs should fit fine.

The only issue now is that racinglab.com has the 17x9.5's on back order for about a month. I want to start looking around but I want to find something with a deep lip at a similar price. No more group buy prices on the rotas so its $1028 shipped now... Know any other brands to start looking at?

Not in your price range. I'd just start lurking on zilvia for some random wheels to show up. As for the 6spokes's, I had them on my zx with 235's (came with them) and they cleared shocks/springs. They shouldn't be rubbing anything except maybe the coilvoer perch. 

Do you have any pics of the coilovers installed?

• 2 weeks later...

Had to raise it up a bit in the front and adjust the camber a bit, but I got the xxr 527's back on there with 1" spacers. Had to roll all 4 fenders hammer style so I didn't rub. The rears however have 1.25" of spacer on them. All in all I think it came out well and driveable. Hahaha post-13998-0-69285400-1376703638_thumb.jpgpost-13998-0-77745700-1376703689_thumb.jpgpost-13998-0-69793900-1376703747_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Took the lock collars off the rears today in an attemp to sit closer to even. Not too bad but still want to get it lower. post-13998-0-03195300-1382487463_thumb.jpg

Also got two of the four xxrs painted again, just sand paper and krylon.post-13998-0-83613300-1382487532_thumb.jpg

Other than that, I've started pulling all the faded red plastics out of the inside. Not quite sure what the end goal is with that, but stripped looks better than cracked faded junk. Throwing a really awesome front bumper idea around with a buddy that does really good fiberglass work. We have also been kicking the idea of a fiberglass dash around so ill keep everyone posted on that too.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a parts car yesterday. Black and silver interior in decent shape, runs and drives, digital dash, less cracks in the dash than mine, couple other things are worth taking off and keeping in the basement. Going to start tearing it down tomorrow hopefully. If you need any odds and ends let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna say 8k front 6k rear? Maybe its the other way around. They are whatever springs came.with the emusa s13 coilovers. As far as squat goes, j get a bit, but its not bad in my opinion. It's aot less than stock was but it still moves. Hope that helps.

Edited by CaptainJoe87