HybridZ

Mikuni 40phh (Type R)

Oddmanout84

As stated, I'm looking for some 40phh parts. I've got a set of 3 40phh and very small collection of jets, but zero spares. To make matters worse, one of the carbs has a broken accelerator pump, another has a broken accelerator pump rod. The pump itself I might be able to fix, but the rod is a problem.

003-19.jpg

This oddly shaped piece has a threaded adjustable portion up top, and it's tiny. It's broken at one of the bottom adjustment holes, so I'm screwed (ha). On the Mikuni diagram, it's part #60 for the 40mm carb. Mikuni 44's have a different part number, though it looks the same.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you check with Wolf Creek Racing? He should be able to get what you need.

His response was something to the effect of "Yeah, they don't make those anymore," which I took as "I have none for sale." Same with the accel pump housings, he told me there were methods to fix the parts or to jerry rig something. That's why I figured I'd try making this wanted thread, since WCR was my best bet and it seems that's not going to pan out.

For the accel pump, I'm going to try JB-Welding the brass stop back in over the spring and ball bearing, for the pump rod I'm going to try using the rod from a set of worn out 44phh's I found. It's not exactly the same as a 40phh pump rod, but the dimensions seem correct in the areas that count.

Edited by Oddmanout84