HybridZ

A matured MSII map.

cygnusx1

This map has a few years of street development with a few track days mixed in. L28 / EDIS / 42#high impedance injectors / LC1 / MS v3.0 / v2.867

Runs smooth. Good response. Nice power.

EDIT: Running the "A" cam on a stock longblock 0.020" over, with P90.

CurrentTune.rar

Edited by cygnusx1

0.020 stock overbore and an "A" cam from an L28. Should work fine with stock L28ET with very minor tweaks. As a matter of fact, when I swapped from the stock turbo cam earlier this Summer, it hardly required any VE changes greater than 2% on the map.

Can you talk us through some of your Accel Enrich settings and why you arrived at them? Specifically:

- Why the .8 accel time vs .2 stock?

- Why no decel fuel?

- Why 40% map instead of mostly TPS?

- How smooth do you feel you have accel tuned? To the point you don't even think about tip-in issues, or still have the occasional hickup?

I know I won't be able to take much from your actual rates, since MS2/extra calculates them differently, but the PW's are at least a good indication. Thanks for the tune!

Edited by TrumpetRhapsody

I tuned the accel by watching WBO2 and observing engine rev response during tip-in. With Tunerstudio you can watch the "dot's and % rates" in real time and see the AFR. I rev it from idle and from a few other rpm points, in neutral, with various pedal rates, and observe/adjust. Then of course the test drive to make sure it works on the road. I seem to get better response by blending TPS and MAP. Again, trial and error over a few years.

The tip-in feels fine right now. I get nice response with heel and toe shifting too. Albeit not a response like my Weber car, but pretty darn good for what it is.

100% decel fuel because it's only for when the throttle snaps shot, not actual deceleration, in my firmware version. I messed with it and it felt better when not pulling fuel, for the split seconds during "negative pedal travel".

This aspect of tuning takes the longest to get close. It's not easy to get perfect. It's a final important detail that I messed with a lot, to get where it is now...it's still evolving as it everything.

Sorry I forgot to zip the file. I rar'd it instead.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0

Edited by cygnusx1

I like to use your ve files to check them against my own, so keep posting your tweaks. I can't use your timing files since I have a flat top turbo engine but my ve tables above 4200 rpm, are really close to yours. About 4-5 degrees less timing in my bins above 3500, I have more fuel in the lower rpm bins. Will work on lower my ve when it cools off here in Phoenix. :blink:

• 4 months later...

There's a new member here who lives in my general area.  He is building a turbo L6 motor for his 240Z and he bought MS2 on my recommendation.  I'll steer him to this thread.  I'm pretty certain he's going to need help with his base maps.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely knew to MS here. Haven't installed it in the car so right now I'm just messing with Tunerstudios without MS hooked up. Loaded your file and if it loaded correctly, it shows your spark advance set in the 20º's at higher RPM's/TPS. I didn't read anything in your post about a turbo so is there a reason for it being so low? Strictly curious... before I entered into EFI I was running 34º max advance above 3000RPM.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered MSnS for my L28et. It will still be a couple months before I start putting it all back together, but I wanna get really familiar with MS beforehand. My setup is gonna be a stock internal bottom end with a T3 .60/.48 turbo prolly breaking in at 10 psi or less, 440cc supra injectors, 60mm TB and a N/A cam out of a 76. Would this be a good base map for startup or should I keep looking for something closer to what I have? I will have to play with MS and learn as I go, but just to get it running and somewhat tameable? Thanks in advance.

you can still open his tune up in tunerstudio and then open up a separate tunerstudio window for your setup and export all of his maps then import them into your tune then just copy over all of his values for warmup and enrichment and magic it works. or for me it did.

Ok thanks fellas. I'll try that. I've heard there was a thread with alot of map downloads with different setups, but haven't been able to find it. Idk if its in my settings for this website, but I actually never have any luck with the search function for some reason. It hardly ever getsvany results... :/