HybridZ

1977 280z

Hi everybody been lurking around the forums reading reading reading! Havn't asked any questions cause everyone else has pretty much asked everything already lol, about a month ago I picked up a 1977 280z in kinda rough condition, but I've seen worse! I am attaching a link to the Dyno when I first got the car. I've been waiting a long time for another sports car and I wanted a real rwd 2seat 5spd car with a good sounding power plant with nice lines and this just fit the bill. I've got a truck for a daily driver and this is a real treat! Its the first time in years I've got in a vehicle and been happy just driving around. I am still trying to find what offset to use for these wheels http://18racing.com/wheel_sa_racing.html. and weather to go offset 0 or 10? I've seen so many nice setups, but I want to keep the wheels under the car and not add flares right now. So anyway that's the car and thanks so much to all the people on here who help everyone out its helped me out tons already!

Good points:

runs decent although pretty rich

came with hella HID's (just installed)

got a 5 spd from a late model car not sure if its the T5 or not

drivetrain is in great shape with a new clutch

lowering springs

1 peice headers

new tires... but not the best

zero rust on the body with a few dings here and there

PO said there was a cam in it but I have no clue.

had it dyno'd at 128hp 133lb ft trq first run and 122hp and 140lb ft 2nd run and ran reallly rich and is using stock EFI.

interior is good except for center console plastic piece thats cracked but no biggie.

EGR delete

Bad points:

brutal home made spray can paint job

the intake boots were ripped and unsuccessfully glued together by PO

bushings are all dry rotted but I ordered polyurethane bushings for the whole car

EFI boots are all ripped and being replaced with silicon boots

engine mounts rotted and being replaced

random vacuum lines hanging, now either plugged or eliminated or put back where they were supposed to be.

post-30317-078291000 1346978018_thumb.jpg

post-30317-014984300 1346978036_thumb.jpg

post-30317-000262500 1346979239_thumb.jpg

So update, excess fueling has been fixed, turns out it was a really cheap FPR. So new boots are on, vacuum advance is back on. Both lights a coming on no problem now.

Next up,Engine mounts and the install of the bushing kit. find some wheels and start figureing out paint. I'm pretty happy today!