HybridZ

Motor mounts needed for LT1 in S30

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/108405-s30-v8-conversion-parts-sbc-jtr-with-headers/ here is you a complete swap for your can and it is a damn good kit. same one I have

That is a good deal but remember the LT1 uses different headers than an old school SBC. LT1 has angled plugs and "D" ports. JTR also sells Sandersons for the LT1. Motor mounts and setbacks are the same.

I already purchased the Sanderson D port headers. motor is ready to go in minus the engine mounts. I plan on making the set back plates.

You can buy just the spacers from JTR for $20 and $25. IIRC the motor mounts are from a 1985 chevy but the JTR manual will tell you for sure.

Why are the spacers different thickness for each side according to JTR? Seems like the motor would lean sideways if I am thinking correctly.

Anyway you could measure the thickness of your spacers on each side for others to use as a template?

They're different thickness to offset the motor to right side of the car a bit, it provides clearance between the left header and the steering shaft.

The set back plates are shaped accordingly so that the engine is not tipped to the right or left.

• 4 weeks later...