HybridZ

Coilover Question

I've just about completed the strut sectioning/coilover conversion in my 75 280z. I just drilled out the D shaped hole in the front insulators so that the top of the Toyota MR2 strut will fit through the hole. I drilled the hole big enough to clear the first little ledge after the threads, but it seems to be resting on the second ledge (one with the arrow pointing to it) which makes it so the bearing isnt sitting all the way up inside the insulator. This seems like a problem. My first thought was to make a spacer for under the bearing so that the bearing would be placed in the correct position. Thought I would check on here first to see if anyone else has a better idea. Thanks for your time guys

post-11855-084366400 1347495205_thumb.jpg

Edited by scaotty

Thanks for the reply John. I got the HZ3099's but I have a feeling the same applies. Another thing I noticed is that the nut that threads onto the top of the Tokico only wants to thread down until the nut is about flush with the top of the threads. Do i need to stack washers or something to make up that space between the top of the insulator and the nut? Thanks again.