HybridZ

Help. Vq35 swap soon questions.

Datsun63

Hi, i got a 73 240z and found a good deal on a Vq35 with engine, tranny, mounts for a good deal. My question is ive been searching numerous hours on here but cant find the info i need. Not very much activity on the Vq swaps on here than the others but my questions are.

Do i need the pedal assembly.? I seen everyone use them but wonder if theres a way to not use it.?

350z Igniton switch.? Do i need it.?

Can i use the stock tank on the Z.? Been looking for these questions everywhere and cant seem to find my answer.

Im ready to get flamed haha but all advice and help would be appreciated. I got engine, tranny, mounts, computer & harness, shifter relocation and i will be doing the fabrication and the rest by myself. All advice and help would be appreciated.

Hi, i got a 73 240z and found a good deal on a Vq35 with engine, tranny, mounts for a good deal. My question is ive been searching numerous hours on here but cant find the info i need. Not very much activity on the Vq swaps on here than the others but my questions are.

Do i need the pedal assembly.? I seen everyone use them but wonder if theres a way to not use it.?

350z Igniton switch.? Do i need it.?

Can i use the stock tank on the Z.? Been looking for these questions everywhere and cant seem to find my answer.

Im ready to get flamed haha but all advice and help would be appreciated. I got engine, tranny, mounts, computer & harness, shifter relocation and i will be doing the fabrication and the rest by myself. All advice and help would be appreciated.

Not to sound like a complete arse here but about 7 posts below this one is a post call VQ35 swap needs list or something of that nature. might want to take a look.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hey yeah, it's all here in these few threads. The Quick answers are:

Yes, you need it...

No you don't, but you'll need the NATS antenna ring from it if you're using stock electronics.

Yes you can use it, but you'll need an external Fuel pump/ regulator to achieve the fuel pressure.

Look through the threads here in the V6 area, then ask your questions. I'm happy to talk VQ's but I don't like repeating myself over and over again.

Phar