HybridZ

DROVE A 2012 AUDI R8 TODAY!!!

motomanmike

So I get to work today and i'm plugging away ordering products for the company and my boss walks in. He said come one boys we have to move some stuff around and tosses me a key fob. I look down and its an audi emblem. Well we work on cars so i'm thinking we have to move around customers job cars. Well it was the key to his brand new Audi R8. THIS THING IS SICK!!!! So he sends my co worker with me to "keep an eye on me" he says while we move all of his toys to the new building our business is moving to across town. Well I got in, looked at him and said "i've been saving my points all these years for this day put your seatbelt on". I got acclimated with the clusters and the paddle shifters. Put the car in gear, clicked the shifter and we were off. As soon as I got onto the highway i straightened up and dumped it, hit second, hit third, looked down 109 and backed off. It hit that in a matter of seconds, no time at all. What an awesome morning at work. I am surprised at how mechanical the drivetrain feels on such a car, it makes me feel better about my clunky z driveline because that was a 200k car and it had some clunks to it with the sequential gearbox i guess. Its definetly not a car to cruise around town in, it wants to stretch and will stop on a dime!!! Amazing morning just thought i'd share. Below is a pic of the car.

post-8916-090655800 1347980172_thumb.jpg

Cost out the door was 185k with bells and whistles and bells morphed with whistles, lots of carbon fiber and nice sewn lether, whatever options he could get he did its just the way he is. He isn't really a sport/supercar kind of guy though, he collects old vintage Mack's so it was weird to me he bought one. But man that thing was nice. The seats felt like you were laying in heaven, just wrapped around you sooo nice. It is the V10. Awesome day at work though, got to drive an R8, my boss bought me Five guys for lunch and I got to sit in front of my gopro all day and make training videos for our computer system we use.

As for the driveline, it is smooth for the most part but putting around the parking lot or where ever slow it had some clunk like the gear box wasn't sure what to do. He's only logged about 2k miles on it and says its gotten better over time. Apparently they are like that, I wouldn't know. Thats the most expensive car i've ever driven and what a blast it was. I was blown away by how fast that car was and just as straight as an arrow. Not once did I feel it was anywhere near a point it would lose control or traction. Amazing car I must say i'd buy one if I had that kind of means. Maybe one day, just not today :)

Thanks for looking guys, I love my Z's but man what an awesome car that is.

Edited by motomanmike

That's the only German car that churns my juices. The wife loves them too. She likes the coupe and would be happy with the V8. Much cheaper but still not close enough for my budget.

When I first saw one in person I was surprized at how small the car is. They look much larger in pictures, at least to me.