HybridZ

new manifold

PMC raceengines

We do have them for that head and the 50mm itb flow more than the head will and there is no power to be had from the bigger bore , infact we tried some when we made this set and lost so much torque under 6500rpm , we found the 48mm set would make the same hp in 2L form as the 50mm up to 8500, and made more than the 55mm set as well . the 50mm set made power to 10000rpm in the LKA 2L . pmc

You have done testing on a VVL? That's great news! I'd be very interested in seeing any pictures you have of the manifold and tb's.

48/50mm might be suitable on a 2.0 but i'm inquiring for a 92x92 engine, with a head that flows in the low 400@.550' on IN, using a 324/12.5mm IN cam and 9.5-10k rev limit.

So is that 400hp @ 550 of 400cfm @

A 2.2 would have to make 180hp per L to use that much air

a sb2 nascar head flows 400cfm at 700 and if you could get a 2.2 to use that head it would make 450hp NA thats that better than any F1 race car they need 17000rpm to make that VE

a nascar makes 130hp per L

Hmmmm You gave me an idea. It looks like that setup is able to use those stock type filters. The ones that are like a big oval ring of filter material sandwiched between two plates. I've been pondering on how or if I want a filter system for my project. This looks like it could be a solution if you aren't too worried about the stand off injectors not sealing *perfectly* in the plate. Unless of course you use an oring or something to solve that.

I like!

With the fuel rail/injector hold down plate supports, I didn't know how to handle making a filter with all this crap coming through on the backside. Which reminds me; how do the airhorns seal on the back plate of the filter assembly? Do you use another oring? This was precisely what I meant by "all this crap coming through the backside". I'm trying to think of a solution to keeping the airbox (for lack of better words) sealed, without having make the airhorns a permanent fixture to the rear plate.

Lastly, I think I asked you this before, but did you find an optimum height of your stand off injectors; distance from the face of the airhorn to the tip of the injector?

vh4yog.jpg

14489ad.jpg

So is that 400hp @ 550 of 400cfm @

A 2.2 would have to make 180hp per L to use that much air

a sb2 nascar head flows 400cfm at 700 and if you could get a 2.2 to use that head it would make 450hp NA thats that better than any F1 race car they need 17000rpm to make that VE

a nascar makes 130hp per L

cfm. It's is a streath but an obtainable one. Majority of the guys with port work on this head get around 330-370cfm's and some getting even more. I haven't had mine flowed yet but i'm hoping it will be on the higher end of the scale :D

Here's one from back in 2008 with oversized valves and extensive port work and reshaping.

DSC03190-1.jpg

There have been guys who are right at 300whp(380bhp) on the 92x92 setup.

Edited by Super X

All the more reason to not use flow benches as a rule, but just another tool. Comparing what one person gets from X head on one flow bench should never be compared to another flow bench.

Oh, and I'm sure pmc knows this, but flow numbers are almost meaningless unless you have port volume data. Just because you increase flow a ton doesn't necessarily mean you'll make a ton more power. I've met plenty of notice porters that built their own shade tree flow bench and chased down what "flowed best" in their port work, just to find out they LOST power... Open up the ports too much and you'll kill velocity.

MMMM 172 hp per L lol better than a 410 sprint car engine and better than any engine in the world NA with that rpm .

if that was for real that 410 sprint engine would make 1191 hp the best one in the world makes 850

realy

PMC, A 92x92 4cyl is 2.4_L not 2.2L so it's more like 158hp per L. I don't want to get into the whole comparison discussion, but the numbers are very obtainable. There are a half a dozen of 92x92 n/a VE’s making well over 280whp and a few already into 300whp range, with room to grown.

I'll PM you to get info on the throttles that you have tested.

All the more reason to not use flow benches as a rule, but just another tool. Comparing what one person gets from X head on one flow bench should never be compared to another flow bench.

Data and formulas are all theory until proven. A 2200lb car that runs 11.5@116mph is all the proof I need that it's making the power.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[attachment=46505:PC270254.JPG In the build this L2 Lka will be on the dyno soon in the new year with a vidio so you can see the manifold in action .

peter,

If I lived in Australia, I'd voulanteer to work for you for free. You build the coolest stuff!