HybridZ

WTB: MK63 Calipers

Hakosuka07

• 5 months later...

Today I got an email from someone with email address mouryj@gmail.com. He said he had a set of calipers which was totally fraud. Watch out if you get an email from him. He kept emailing me photos you could pull off the internet. Dont trust this guy.

Anyways Still looking for a set. If you have a pair let me know.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I've seen someone machine the Toyota S12W caliper to look like the MK63 caliper.  It was good enough to get the car through European FIA Historic racign tech inspection.

Interesting you say that - I recall seeing a pic of that too. I have recently read the FIA HTP Appendix K rules and it states the following

Alternative components can either be period components that are not coming from the original installation of the car make (for ex. original components from period suppliers) and replica components (for ex.replica oforiginal components from the car make installation or replica of original components from period suppliers.)

So I guess the original supplier = Sumitomo. The original part is the MK63 which uses 4 x 41.3 pistons and a 104mm pad. So the replica part is from the original supplier aka Sumitomo it is a 4 pot 42.8mm and 105mm pad. I guess the FIA is technically ok with that then as close enough given both are cast iron etc.