HybridZ

EZ electric powersteering installed

rags

• Administrators

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is one of the best mods I have ever done to a Z!

I think it will be and was one of my major purchases for the car this year. I want one handed parking :)

But, I will not be able to install it for another 3 to 4 weeks due to a little accident I had.

http://forums.hybridz.org/test/doh.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Mine does not fit,

With the steering shaft slid into position the steering colum shaft mounting flange is about 1" too far away from the firewall. Im gonna have to pull it and take some measurements to see if it is whole colum that is off or if it is just the new coupler that is too long and email Roger.

Im bummed, I finally can start working on my car again and I was really excited about installing this :(

Dan,

Is the firewall flange at the wrong angle? If so, Roger also sent me the wrong one initially but got me the correct one within 2 days. I can't get something from Philly in 2 days, don't know how he does it!

• Administrators

Dan,

Is the firewall flange at the wrong angle? If so, Roger also sent me the wrong one initially but got me the correct one within 2 days. I can't get something from Philly in 2 days, don't know how he does it!

Im not sure, it's kinda hard to tell since I cannot bolt it to the firewall. Just eyeballing it seems like the angle is correct.

If I was goning to guess what is wrong I would say the flange was welded a little to far back on the colum.

After I get off work today I am going to pull it back out. The spline on the shaft was a little tight so it will take a bit to get it out.

Once I got it out I am going to compare it to the stock one to see if everything matches and bolt it back up without connecting the steering shaft to see if the angle is correct etc. Ill take spme pics and measurments and send them to Roger so he can see what is going on and hopefully make corrections to their design if it is something they dont know about.

Not sure if they could just replace the flange since it looks like it is welded to the colum. I may have to send the whole thing back.

Not to worried about it though I am sure Roger will get me sorted out quickly.

Just ran across some invoices from The Netherlands from 2000-2002 when we were buying compressor parts from there by the CONTAINERLOADS...

Back then, the price in US$944.37 (€1=0.63¢!!!)

I withhold further commentary on the changing f exchange rates other than to note most parts in Japan I see stay the same price in ¥ as they were nearly 30 years ago. This thing is still only €1,500... It IS the exchange rate!

Mine does not fit,

With the steering shaft slid into position the steering colum shaft mounting flange is about 1" too far away from the firewall. Im gonna have to pull it and take some measurements to see if it is whole colum that is off or if it is just the new coupler that is too long and email Roger.

Im bummed, I finally can start working on my car again and I was really excited about installing this :(

Are you sure the column doesn't telescope? And maybe it got collapsed during shipping? I know that most newer factory cars have a collapsible column that works by telescoping.

Try using some slight force to extend it.