HybridZ

My giant paperwieght

Forcer

I've been here for a few years, just lurking and reading. I don't think I've ever posted pics of it at any time. I originally bought it to become a replacement for my '83 Celica GT at the time. It wasn't in the condition it was advertised in, which I didn't find out until I had paid and took delivery of it. So I let it sit while I decided what to do with it. Since then it has sat in the garage as went through a few other car: '83 & '84 Celica GT, '07 Titan, '06 WRX, and an '06 STi (current daily). During this time I came to the decision to make the Z a track car. So I started deconstruction, as I have no use for much of the original equipment.

Pic from ad:

Pf2dl.jpg

Dumped the L28, the plan is for a VK56DE. Loved the motor from when I had my Titan.

JluXW.jpg

All that remains of the the interior:

fZkLW.jpg

S13 Rear diff, axles, all rear arms, front and rear knuckles:

JIfQ5.jpg?1

S13 rear subframe:

TFsnP.jpg?1

This is going to be a slow moving project. I'm hoping to have it back on the ground in spring as a rolling chassis again, it's been on jacks for several years.

• 4 months later...

Haven't done much to the car since my original post, mostly due to very tight finances from a temp position I was working at. As of Monday I will be a full hire with a pay bump during the probationary period, and hopefully another one after it's over. What that means is once a few maintenance items are taken care of on my STi daily, I'll begin getting the S13 suspension conversion. So it looks like I'm still on the springtime goal for getting the car back on the ground.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...