HybridZ

gotech mf1-x wirining problems

billyssp

This is the issue i'm having. I don't know how to wire up my turbo distributor. Been reading the Mega Squirt website and i got a link back to hybrid Z because I can't find any information from Gotech. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?showtopic=23244 And here's a picture from the manual. I just don't know what else to try. Thanks for your help

screenshotgotech.jpg

Edited by billyssp

yeah Phill I'm using a 240sx tps. I just don't want to use a non turbo distributor. My problem is that i get a weak signal to the coil. And Phill any updates on your ZX. Im just going to have to go with a non-turbo dizzy and 6al box....

I dont know anything about the gotech ecu but do you have the signal wire going to the g/b wire on the dizzy, the +5v going to the b/w and negative going to black (these are colors directly off the dizzy, not the harness side, if you happended to cut it off and use the plug.)? If so do you have a pullup resistor on the signal wire? Also there is a spade connector on the dizzy itself by the base. That is where the signal wire was internally shielded. You definitely need to ground this spade connector. Try that first and see if your signal gets better. You are probably gonna need to play with some resistors on that +5v wire to get it working properly. good luck.

I dont know anything about the gotech ecu but do you have the signal wire going to the g/b wire on the dizzy, the +5v going to the b/w and negative going to black (these are colors directly off the dizzy, not the harness side, if you happended to cut it off and use the plug.)? If so do you have a pullup resistor on the signal wire? Also there is a spade connector on the dizzy itself by the base. That is where the signal wire was internally shielded. You definitely need to ground this spade connector. Try that first and see if your signal gets better. You are probably gonna need to play with some resistors on that +5v wire to get it working properly. good luck.

Actually, try hooking up your signal wire on the dizzy to the signal wire for your ecu, give the dizzy power via a keyed ignition source, and ground the black wire and the spade connector. That should get you going. Sorry, Im sleepy right now.If that still gives you bad signal, just the pullup resistor as per megasquirt thread you posted and try again. One of those two setups should definitely work for you. I soldered the resistor straight to the dizzy power on my setup fyi.

Yea man I still have a leaky intake/exhaust gasket... Ive been too lazy/ it's been too cold to change it. Additionally I want to put new studs and bolts for the intake and exhaust since the p/0 misplaced two of the exhaust nuts and one of the nuts for the downpipe... FML... Once you clear the obstacles with the gotech setup, I'm gonna have to ride your **** and try the **** out myself... Seems like a really good deal for the price. p.s.... 60-1 is gonna dominate the 80s supercar shootout

Non-turbo dizzys are easy to find, I have 3 of them, that I'm not using, I'm sure someone would trade you their non-turbo dizzy for your turbo dizzy.

It sounds like a non-turbo dizzy would make things much easier for you.

Are you trying to control timing with this ECM, or just feed it a trigger signal?