HybridZ

Front facing intake manifold woes

NZ260Z

Hey Guys,

I haven't really posted here yet but have got a lot of information regarding my RB25det swap. It is generally going well, and I have most of the parts I need. To make intercooler plumbing tidy and have good throttle response I am going with a Greddy style front facing intake manifold. I did my research and had heard good things about the ISIS greddy copy and figured if Raw brokerage backed it it wouldn't be half bad (atleast better than the ebay specials). I know knock offs are never as good as the original and did expect to do some amount of fettling. Anyway, after offering the gasket up, the runner ports are well out as you can see in the attachments. Removing the material with a die grinder will be ok, but my concern is there are large portions where the gasket over hangs the ports by a few mm as there is no material there.

post-26474-068949300 1349496106_thumb.jpg

post-26474-092767100 1349496127_thumb.jpg

post-26474-074682700 1349496144_thumb.jpg

I guess my question is how much will this effect performance? Can it be fixed? or am I better off getting another manifold? Right now I am feeling fairly dissapointed :S