HybridZ

heater vacuum question. What do i miss?

slammed260z

Hi Z enthusiasts

I have rebuilded my venthousing, and upgraded it with a honda civic blower.

I rebuilded the heater and heater panel as well.

I tried to connect all the cabels from the heater panel to the valves en connectors but i cant understand how i have to connect the cable to the blower housing.

I found a topic in which someone noticed there could be a vacuum problem.

I haven't found any vacuum lines or valves on my heating unit except the hot water valve, but that works fine.

Here is a picture of my rebuild vent housing.

20121006_154025.jpg

Could someone say what i am missing and what i need to make it work again. I have the original cable en clips to install but i gues i miss a vacuum part and some hose.

Maybe someone has a picture of how it has to be installed or could tell me what i am missing and how ( if i collect the missing parts ) i install those parts.

Thank you

regards,

robin

• 2 weeks later...

Robin, were you able to figure this out or are you still stumped? My blower housing is still installed, but the dash is out. Would some photos of it installed help you at all? Most of the cables are still hooked up I believe.

Davy

Robin, were you able to figure this out or are you still stumped? My blower housing is still installed, but the dash is out. Would some photos of it installed help you at all? Most of the cables are still hooked up I believe.

Davy

hi Davy,

thank you for your answer.

I you could, you would be really helpfull. I haven't figure this out yet but i have an idea of it.

The only picture i could find is the one from the xenons30 manual.

But this is for a vacuum controlled one. Which are found on airconditioned Z's.

housing.png

If you got one whithout aircon i would be pleased to see some pictures. Perhaps it is very easy to install the cable.

thank you!

Robin

Thank you guys!

I fixed the problem. Thx to the pic i found out oje part was niet correct installed. I changed it and it was ok.

After this i had to bend the door inside the heater bix because of the lenght of the cable.

I now understand how it works and have made it work again without buying parts.

Thank you!