HybridZ

Group Buy on SpeedHut Gauges

ihiryu

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

So when you brought the sending unit into the cab did you use its full range of swing to determine empty, 1/4 full, half full ...?

Yes. I did the coarse setting with the MM and then refined it with the gauge. 

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

When you had the programing done could you swing the float up and down and see the gauge react?

Yes. The needle moved slowly which gave me some hope. I then installed the sender and added gas at a known amount and checked the gauge to verify. It was very accurate without any other tweaking but I wanted to get it dialed in at the 3/4 mark since that is probably pretty close to the point where the tank narrows. The drive home went well and the needle was more stable than it has ever been.  The real proof will be when it get's down a little past half. that is when I really noticed the massive swings. The needle would literally go from half a tank to empty. 

20 hours ago, Derek said:

The needle would literally go from half a tank to empty. 

Oh I know all about that.

This is great news, I think the Tanks Inc. MeterMatch is just the TechnovVersion unit with a different sticker on it, the price is all most identical.

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I think the Tanks Inc. MeterMatch is just the TechnovVersion unit with a different sticker on it, the price is all most identical.

Yes but the owner of Technoversion drives a 240 so there is that to consider:)

Went for about a 45 min drive today. Gage went down as expected and was rock steady the whole time.  I do want to reiterate that I change my sender wire and installed the MM at the same time.  I would do that first since old wire and connections are not a great combo for dependable ohm eadings

• 1 month later...

So I finally had the right combination of events to where I ended up with 1/4 tank and the time to drain and measure. I used a 5 gallon gas jug and it was so close to 4 gallons that I'm calling it a winner. The needle does start to swing a bit down around 1/4 tank and I did have one scare. I was about 30 min from the shop and I was hovering around 1/4. I pulled up to a light that was on a bit of an incline and the needle bounced down to E for long enough for me to convince myself I was running out of fuel. I wasn't but without knowing for sure I threw in a few gallons. 

It is way better than it was before and I'll probably run it down to 1/8th and see where I'm at. As long as I can count on it to between 1/4 and 1/8th then I'm golden since that is usually as low as I run it.

12 hours ago, Derek said:

So I finally had the right combination of events to where I ended up with 1/4 tank and the time to drain and measure. I used a 5 gallon gas jug and it was so close to 4 gallons that I'm calling it a winner. The needle does start to swing a bit down around 1/4 tank and I did have one scare. I was about 30 min from the shop and I was hovering around 1/4. I pulled up to a light that was on a bit of an incline and the needle bounced down to E for long enough for me to convince myself I was running out of fuel. I wasn't but without knowing for sure I threw in a few gallons. 

It is way better than it was before and I'll probably run it down to 1/8th and see where I'm at. As long as I can count on it to between 1/4 and 1/8th then I'm golden since that is usually as low as I run it.

Any numbers please ? Of course it probably won’t match mine , but hey- maybe it will. I’m fairly close but it still drops hard close to the quarter tank . 
love the GPS speedo and playing with the stop watch 

9 hours ago, madkaw said:

Any numbers please ? Of course it probably won’t match mine , but hey- maybe it will. I’m fairly close but it still drops hard close to the quarter tank . 
love the GPS speedo and playing with the stop watch 

As in Ohm readings? No not really. Since I used the calibration feature of the MeterMatch as opposed to the pre configured method there isn't any way to know for sure. 

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 3:49 PM, Derek said:

As in Ohm readings? No not really. Since I used the calibration feature of the MeterMatch as opposed to the pre configured method there isn't any way to know for sure. 

Only took a year to get around to it but I'm ready to install the MeterMatch to the Speedhut fuel gauge and the Datsun fuel level sender.  I have a working 510 fuel sender unit on the shelf, to avoid having to drain the 240Z's gas tank, remove the sender unit and bring it into the cab to do the setup I'm wondering if I can just use the 510's sender to calibrate.

To my eye they are the exact same unit with the only difference being the bend of the wire going to the float.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey gang, I recently installed my Speedhut gauges and I noticed when I put my foot on the brake pedal the turn signal indicators and the back light for the odometer screen lights up. Upon further investigation I found that my turn signals and hazards don't work when the lights are one. The turn signal indicators are also constantly lit when the headlights are on. I had autometer gauges before and while I don't recall having this issue before so I can't necessarily say that this is specific to the speedhut gauges. I also recently replaced all the bulbs for LEDs. I am just curious if anyone else has had this problem before?

20230809_092435.jpg

20230809_092625.jpg

Edited by Vandergriff84

2 hours ago, Vandergriff84 said:

Hey gang, I recently installed my Speedhut gauges and I noticed when I put my foot on the brake pedal the turn signal indicators and the back light for the odometer screen lights up. Upon further investigation I found that my turn signals and hazards don't work when the lights are one. The turn signal indicators are also constantly lit when the headlights are on. I had autometer gauges before and while I don't recall having this issue before so I can't necessarily say that this is specific to the speedhut gauges. I also recently replaced all the bulbs for LEDs. I am just curious if anyone else has had this problem before?

20230809_092435.jpg

20230809_092625.jpg

Start with the simplest solution and work your way through to more complicated answers.

Change the bulbs back to halogen and see if it fixes it. If no, check wiring.