HybridZ

Traction control sensors

Hello!

I am in the early stages of reassembly of my 1970 240z. My engine builder REBELLO RACING has provided me with a 3.2 turbo L series. One available option for me to integrate into this build is a traction control option. I was instructed that I need to install a ring and sensor of some sort on the drive axles so that the rear wheel rotation can be read and sent to the computer.

I currently have a short nose r200 from a z31 installed in my car thanks to ARIZONA ZCAR. This diff comes stock with sensors built into the diff cover and rings that are mounted inboard of the 5 bolt flange on either side of the diff. These are the Electro-Anti-Lock sensors that are used for the anti lock braking system on a z31. I would like to use these sensors for the traction control option on my new motor.

Does anyone have experience doing this exact modification or does anyone see any reason why this cannot be done?

KennyD

I see no reason it can't be done. PDM racing has a system called race-logic, if I remember right. I have raced against the owner and he used it on his SX. If you could figure out front hubs, you could have abs as well. I didn't know Z31 had the rings. I have seen it on many Z32's though.

I see no reason it can't be done. PDM racing has a system called race-logic, if I remember right. I have raced against the owner and he used it on his SX. If you could figure out front hubs, you could have abs as well. I didn't know Z31 had the rings. I have seen it on many Z32's though.

Thank you!!. It was a 1990 non turbo 300zx.