HybridZ

Tested my Rebuilt transmission

Went to Test-N-Tune at Irwindale Dragway on 10-18-12 to check-out my rebuilt TH400 Trans that now has an Ultra Bell, bellhousing. The Torque Converter has also been tightened to 3200 RPM stall to reduce those pesky Wheelies. It still wants to spin the drag radials so the below clip shows the only run where I hooked up.....at great expense to my Mickey Thompsons.

Nice run, Hanns! I think your car and the suspension will last longer with the new configuration. I can't imagine what the pounding of the wheelies do to the car, especially when done repeatedly. I see your time above, but how does it compare to your best run so far? Just curious as to how it compares to your best 1/8 mi run.

Davy

Nice run, Hanns! I think your car and the suspension will last longer with the new configuration. I can't imagine what the pounding of the wheelies do to the car, especially when done repeatedly. I see your time above, but how does it compare to your best run so far? Just curious as to how it compares to your best 1/8 mi run.

Davy

Davy

I will have to reduce the power at launch...otherwise I won't hook up. The trans now responds faster and provides more initial power. My best 1/8 mile time was 5.82 at close to 124 mph. That's with the drag radials and mufflers.

• 1 month later...

Great numbers, how much boost are you running? What size drag radials are you running and the air pressure? I have been thinking of trying a set of M/T drag radials on our car, looking at 275/60/15 or the 255/60/15.We have not posted any new videos in a while. We went to the track on 12/08/12 made three passes John should be getting the last pass up loaded soon.