HybridZ

Vid of my 2jz s30Z with the gopro2.

piston

Love the video and DEAR LORD love the z. Pretty much my inspiration lol. Thinking of going 1jz, gunmetal grey, fender flares, fender mirrors, spoiler. Do like man keep it up, cant wait to see the numbers. My goal for the 1j is also around 400-450wheel max and I think thats pushing it lol.

I thought about going 1jz too but I ended up going na-t because I hate to rip off the turbo and upgrade, figure 2jz na-t was the way plus not many have na-ts in their Z's. Also the 2jz n/a are so cheap. however, lately it seems like people want $$$ for na 2jz now. 1jz will fly in one of these old datsuns, all you really need is 300plus and it pulls harder than hell! Its actually scary because these light cars, you can feel the power and speed unlike a modern car where you can barely feel power because suspension etc is so smooth.

Beautiful car. Are you using betamotorsport crossmember? What transmission are you using? 2jz-ge price went up, how much did you get your engine for? I agree with you since you will be replacing stock twin turbos anyway, if you get 2jz ge cheap, works out better. 1jzgte engine are getting cheap now too, i have seen engine alone go for $1000, sell off stock twins for $250 and its like getting engine for $750, some people ask more than that for a 2jz-ge.

I got my engine for 500$, rip it open, threw in some arp head studs and a mhg.. I see the jzge motors go for just as much as the 1jz recently. My cross member is not from betamotorsports, I built it but basically the same design, I want to say it sits the engine Lower than the beta mount. I keep hearing people say that the beta mount will not clear the n/a engine and you will have to use a front face intake manifold. Not confirm yet though. As far as transmission, I'm using the r154 trans.

yeah i heard the intake because it goes across, does not clear hood with betamotorsport mount. HG and arp are a big plus, i have seen these ge motor put out 450whp with a gt35 size turbo on an sc300 when tt headgasket. These motors are so amazing, aside from the fact it so easy to get parts, the are overbuilt. I had a MK4 Supra with the gte motor converted to single, was making around 500whp on original engine with 165000 miles.

I thought about going 1jz too but I ended up going na-t because I hate to rip off the turbo and upgrade, figure 2jz na-t was the way plus not many have na-ts in their Z's. Also the 2jz n/a are so cheap. however, lately it seems like people want $$$ for na 2jz now. 1jz will fly in one of these old datsuns, all you really need is 300plus and it pulls harder than hell! Its actually scary because these light cars, you can feel the power and speed unlike a modern car where you can barely feel power because suspension etc is so smooth.

I was originally going to stick a SR20 into mine, but came across a complete 1J with MT harness and ECU for $900 shipped. I just happened to have a spare R154 so it seemed to be the way to go.

Just dyno it the other day. Put down 428hp @14psi 91 pump gas. Not bad but I know my stock yota clutch is hanging on a thread besides that, I'll go up to 16psi pump and should be close to 500 easy with a race clutch. However I turned the boost back down to 12-13psi for street since I can't use any power over 400 on the street without breaking loose.

Ran it in Sacramento the other night! First pass I did 12.1 @117mph. Clutch was slipping and was on 12-13psi of boost. just how it was the last time I dynoed. got there, tech, staged and ran! Second run, I didn't get a good run and broke out since my clutch had already slipped from the first run. Easily could have gone into 11s with a few more practice runs if my clutch had not slip. 3-4 more psi, and a stg3 clutch & I should be into the low 11s. E85 18-19psi with 26" slicks and welded diff and I should be way into the 10s easily. It's a great feeling the Z has potential and easy power!