HybridZ

Help me decide which tail lights

Jasonmreiss

My original plan was to do the corvette tail light mod. However I kinda want something that hasn't really been done before. I thought maybe the newer corvette oval lights. Then I saw the new camero lights. Has anyone done any other conversion besides the corvette mod?

073E5C88-8FD7-4C0C-AA2D-4FD762EEFA34-32171-000015D6E4DF62BD.jpg

And I know there's a lot of people that say converting is sacralige, but I like it so be nice :)

I dunno, I kinda prefer the oval corvette lights. I've never seen a z with them. I just have to find a way to do it all with sheet metal. I don't want to bond fiberglass. Even the flares I'll be using will be fabricated from steel. I have a metal guy that's pretty good. Should be able to figure it out

Like the idea of the newer Camaro lights as well. My first love was to install a set of 65-66 Mustang lights so I started by buying a set a reprod tail lights and then created a template out of foam insulation. Test fitted the lights and they look great, see pics. Now I have a friend with a metal shop cutting a 16 gauge replacement panel with his plasma system. I had him not cut the tail light holes out so we can use the original as a template. Might consider selling the blank replacement panel so anyone can install any lights you want. What do you think? Cost would be around $80-$90 per panel plus shipping. Easier for my friend to cut five panels at a time out of one sheet of metal.

post-16538-029070900 1352319148_thumb.jpg

post-16538-000481900 1352319159_thumb.jpg

post-16538-016703100 1352319169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erins.ZCar

That looks sick. Momma said no to the camero lights though, she likes the oval vette lights better. So I think that's what I'll go with, they're off the c5 I think but not sure what years

Thanks, work in progress! My daughter's 16th birthday present. Yes, she picked it out and requested the Mustang tail lights. ZForce sells a fiberglass replacement panel that will fit any 4-4.5" round lights. That means it should take anything from a 68 Stingray Bubble lights to 76 I think it is? C4 or C5 models?

post-16538-092697300 1352324949_thumb.jpg

Whatever you choose to do, give it your own little twist! Makes it kinda of special even if inspired by someone else's mod! Good Luck!

post-16538-009898500 1352324958_thumb.jpg