HybridZ

Green Machine online Logbook

I went by some guidance here on the forum and set the Compression to +3 clicks from softest to start.

Later I increased the rear compression to +6 on the back and then reduced to +5 clicks from softest in the back and left the fronts at +3 clicks.

Rebound I started with +1/2 turn from softest and increased to 1 full turn all around and later reduced the fronts back to 1/2.

No science to my adjustments.  Just know it was NIGHT and DAY different from Illuminas.

Tranny is more fudeck than ever lol.

Starting over.

Ran with the "Big Boys" in NASA AZ though.  I started 5th and worked my way to 3rd but then the young stud-muffin Austin Newmark in the big-power Vette finally took me near the end.  He is faster and more experienced.   Finished 4th over all and 3rd in class behind the 2 ultra fast old 911s of Erik Davis and Brian Turner.  

2 years ago I dreampt of on the same track with them and now I am working my way up to a second or two off of their times.  New Koni shocks are.. AMAZING....

Here is is.

LOL @ target fixation at 12:03

12:03, top gun. Amazing race, I hope i have the same opportunity.   

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know what started.

Appears to me to be low, left and aft. Area of header collector.

Gonna try to determine that prior to moving on.

Everyone wants to blame fuel and carbs but I am not so sure. Brake reservoirs went at some point also Feeding fire.

Started cutting out half-lap prior.

https://youtu.be/JwXYZ2hMwIc

Looks like the HAANS made it pretty hard to get out of the car? Or was it a helmet blower? I think I saw you activate a fire suppression system? Oh, that had to hurt just watching it burn!!! At least no flames came inside. What was the first tip that you were on fire? Great video for teaching purposes but a tough one to watch cause I know how much time you have invested in that car. The Pheonix will rise again.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Helmet blower hose was the problem.

In the confusion I started going for my HANS.

3 fire systems:

5 lb Halon did not seem to slow the fire at all (first bottle I pulled on right)

5 lb Aqueous Foam failed to trigger properly (I pulled on far left by door). Need to determine why.

1.3lb handheld Halon was also ineffective.

But by this time I think we had brake fluid involved and damage was done.

Update: all fire systems did in fact work correctly but the fire was just too well developed being fed by the melting brake reservoirs. But the foam and Halon certainly slowed it down until the big bottle of ABC showed up. I hate that stuff but gee it really works.

Truth is I was ready to refresh the motor and paint the front clip so this is all good stuff.

• 3 months later...