HybridZ

wastegate adapter

Ozzie831

Hey I was wondering if anyone has tried or hearn any info about these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T3-CAST-IRON-38MM-WASTEGATE-FLANGE-MANIFOLD-TURBO-CHARGER-TURBOCHARGER-ADAPTOR-/190753112022?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c69c57fd6

as in if the turbo will still fit and if the wastegate would have enough clearance.

Any advice appreciated

you must not have seen the big phil video. Long video short, You will need to weld it to the turbo manifold and port the sheeooot out of the wastegate hole to keep off the boost creep. Its better to weld some schedule 40 piping to the bottom of the manifold and weld the flange to that.

I have seen multiple people say at a 90 deg angle from exhaust flow it not going to be much better than the stock gate. I thought of using one till i did lots of research and found them to be poorly designed. Im going with a 38mm pipe to exit on the bottom of the stock turbo manifold in the middle of cyl 3-4 so the gate will be under the turbo and merge into the downpipe. goodluck.