HybridZ

High End LS3 With Harrop ITB, T56 and R230 Build Log

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this car, it's exactly like the one I'm going to start building after this winter. Is it ok if I ask you for advice? I'm mainly concerned with getting an LS3 and trans into a reliable platform. I love the blue but I'm going to worry about looks after it all runs. Again, sweet car.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I'm blown away by every detail of this build.  Given every obstacle I've had to tackle doing a relatively mundane LS retrofit, I can't imagine how much time went into research, getting the wrong parts, and the manual labor.  Indeed as a previous poster said, the bar has been raised.

Good to see local guys boing big things.  VA Beach, then you must know the guys at Tidewater in Piquosen ( sp.).  I was out there a few months back for work.  I am here in Spring.  I have a 70 240Z.  I am looking really hard a a LS conversion now.  I have 2 turbo L-series motors at the house and am thinking about doing a build.

I'm a little late to the love-fest... But let me say that A: I'm VERY impressed with the build quality of your project and B: I'm even more impressed with what that LS376 put down.  That's actually the motor I would prefer to put into my Zcar as well... Those ITBs are seeeeeexy...

Bravo man!  Well done!

Mike

• 2 months later...

This car is awesome, by far the best S30 build I have ever seen. The pictures do not do this car justice at all. It is impressive to see in person. From the wheels to the engine, everything looks like it was put together by a professional and no short cuts were taken.

Rick,

Thanks for taking the time to show me your car and go over your build experiences with me. I hope that someday soon I can represent our Z community as good as you do.

sq_creations, BluDestiny, Alainburon and PLATA thanks...

Alain, I enjoyed our visit, I can talk about cars and builds all day long, I hope that your wife didn't get too bored. If you ever want a second opinion about something related to your build just give me a call. See you at the Texas Mile in a couple of weeks.

I purchased my aluminum drive shaft assembly from Shaftmasters (313.383.6347) for $378.  It came with the correct yokes on both ends. Just tell them what transmission and differential you have and what the measurement is from the transmission output seal to the differential flange is and they will build you a complete custom drive shaft for your car.

I purchased my aluminum drive shaft assembly from Shaftmasters (313.383.6347) for $378.  It came with the correct yokes on both ends. Just tell them what transmission and differential you have and what the measurement is from the transmission output seal to the differential flange is and they will build you a complete custom drive shaft for your car.

Thank you

Great Build!!! Is it possible for you to show more pics of that second cross member you added to mount the LS3? I've just purchased an LS1 for my Z and am REALLY interested in how you tied that together. Thanks! Keep up the great work