HybridZ

How does the RB25 trans fit in a 280z?

natedagreat92

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here at HZ. Last month I picked up a 280z with the stock 80k mile L28 and auto tranny. Obviously thats not gonna fly with me hahah. Im planning a winter build of a RB25DET swap. I know there are many build threads to read but I have one question. How does the RB's transmission fit? Are there any recommended motor mounts that help make the transmission fit with the stock driveshaft? or fit betting inside? Thanks guys, I love this community already ;)

-Nate

Not trying to be "that guy" but searching will be your best friend, you'll find alot more information much faster then waiting for others to provide it for you. Good luck with your project.

I too plan to put a rb25 in my 280 this winter, Im going to build my own mounts for engine and transmission. I dont have the motorset to look at as of right now to design one off of so I cant help any more then that.

Edited by slammed_s30

Its a good fit, but make sure you get some descent mounts.

I bought a whole heap from mckinney motorsports and the engine / box mount are good and line straight up to almost factory position regarding shifter etc. It also sits nicely in the 240z engine bay, about an inch from the firewall...

I bought a whole heap from mckinney motorsports and the engine / box mount are good and line straight up to almost factory position regarding shifter etc. It also sits nicely in the 240z engine bay, about an inch from the firewall...

What he said

Engine n box drops straight in but you need to have a prop made, or again buy from above