HybridZ

your opinions on my exhaust

scooterhulk

I have a cherrybomb under the driver floorpan and a garbage (like, junk) truck tip on my car right now. I'm about to cut that tip off and put in a Borla xr-1. Wondering if anyone thinks the cherrybomb will adversely affect the sound of the Borla (just sound, I drive it too little and too softly to care that much about performance aspect).

I figure there's someone on here, or multiple people, who have the experience to know what I'm about to do and can tell me if I'm going to love it or if I'm gonna dislike it until I decide to replace the rest of the exhaust.

I have the borla on the back in the usual muffler spot. I ran it by itself for a while but it was very loud. I loved it with a helmet on but on the streets it was too loud. So I put a small glass pack muffler about 16x4 with a 2.5 opening in the middle probably right under my ass and the volume is still loud but not to the point of complaining neighbors or alerting every cop out there that I'm headed there way. The quality of the sound I think went up because I can hear more of the webers pulling in air. That mixed with the exhaust note sound like an old Aston Martin, I love it.

I don't remember my exhaust being very loud when I just had the cherry bomb. I have a feeling the Borla isn't gonna make it any louder. I'll find out in a week or two, but I may like it louder than you and end up with the Borla and no cherry bomb. But I'll post pics and a vid when it's all done.