HybridZ

Vapor engine

jnewby

I just watched a documentry on Netflix called Gas Hole. I was wondering if anyone, has had sucess, or expermented with this idea. I searched google and came up with videos and shematics, apperntly it works to some limit, getting 100 mpg with increased power would be cool.post-1039-0-11782000-1354459649_thumb.jpgpost-1039-0-82656700-1354459665_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mileage motors for competition in the 70's~early 80's commonly used it.

They go on one premise: pick a speed and load, dont vary much from it, and then trim to minimum fuel to maintain forward motion and nothing more.

Acceleration? Hillclimbing? Require enrichment and shoot the 100mpg claims in the foot.

If you look at today's high mileage cars, they have CVT's. put engine to its peak efficiency point, trim for it, and keep it there. Same premise.

We didn't have them in 1979... Except on snowmobiles!

The more things change the more they stay the same. That looks like Yunik's Adibiatic Engine, the Fiero he set up to run like that was on sale recently. There are principles that can be leveraged, but the more you leverage them, the more critical each component becomes. One thing off, and you have a cascading catastrophic failure. Not practical for 99.9999999+% of the everyday motoring public.

Edited by Tony D

Kind of like the pogue vapor carburator?Sittng around a campfire I noticed its the vapors coming from the wood after it is heated that burn.Modern cars are doing this by direct injection into the cylinder or aiming the fuel injector on top of the intake valve.If you aimed 1 or 2 fuel injectors on a hot spot in an intake manifold using a modern efi system them ran a wideband o2 sensor for feedback into the ecm you might be able to get an engine to fire a very lean mixture.Another idea for a high mpg car is an electric car that has an onboard generator.The gernerator motor is tuned to run at 1 rpm setting only and that engine is designed to run in a narrow rpm range only.

Edited by randy 77zt

That electric car idea works great...as long as the load on the generator never changes. If you're driving the car, the generator load will change. Thus, the operating conditions of the engine driving the generator change. RPM might stay the same...but if the load changes, then your fuel consumption changes....

why dont you just look up a hydrogen generator i ran a lawn mower off of only distilled water and it ran better than before. there pretty easy to make so dont let all the measurements scare you and go with a dry cell. you can run one in your vehicle pretty easy set up also. and if you dont want to make one buy the whole kit on ebay. it adds miles per gallon, cleans emissions by 400% adds throttle response and power, 

What's wrong with Grassy Knolls? I spent a wonderful time in Downtown Dallas in a great public park this last trip...snorting hydrogen from my home generator...blogging about my uncle Frerdinand's reminisces on the Apollo Program and some things he noticed that bothered him in the data sets when he worked in Houston...

What's wrong with Grassy Knolls? I spent a wonderful time in Downtown Dallas in a great public park this last trip...snorting hydrogen from my home generator...blogging about my uncle Frerdinand's reminisces on the Apollo Program and some things he noticed that bothered him in the data sets when he worked in Houston...

Tony, I've always wondered, does snorting hydrigon make you talk funny (like Helium) or do you just get light headed? ;)

Only thing i ever heard on this vapor stuff is the gas has to be heated then you can get the 100mpg stuff but all info has been payed for and licensed by the thing we all warship oil company's and there products .

What about the setup where you have some cylinders run as a super charger ? 

Electric car only if it was powered off of the extra power with in the body that chair Nikola used to sit in but then again he did make a car that ran from stuff in the air or from the earth or space and other . 

Shoot if you really want to run on nothing just use the net its all there and stuff  .... but for some reason like most i to need to burn that fuel .