HybridZ

Boned Again! A rant about lifes little suprises aka Fear And Loathing!

rayaapp2

I shoved legalities in their face and they are quickly resolving the issue of the salvage to opt out of my right of recourse... lol

I swear though some of these insurance companies straight up harass the victims. Im glad I learned what to do fast. Im also really glad my insurance company is not to be included with these likes of some of these a-hole companies. They arent the best, but they do take care of the victims with little to no issues.

Sounds like its getting taken care of. I'd say time to get Hagerty but I don't know what sort of consequences there are if you make a claim with them to get the money you need. I know when I tried getting my Z covered, my mother called, the car is in her name, they asked to see where it's being stored and obviously picture of it. Sent them pictures, told them the car is currently being restored and when it's done it isn't going to see more than 2000 miles a year. They said they couldn't insure it because it's not "show car quality"..... I JUST said it's being restored. I don't know if there is any place that offers antique or classic insurance for someone my age (22) that is a decent price.

My only encounters with insurance has been with USAA. Someone backed into the front of my Z and crushed the hood, headlight bucket, airdam. Adjuster came out and said their database only went back to 1980 or something so he didn't know what anything was worth. I printed off MSA prices; $500 new hood, $200 for a headlight bucket, $300 or $350 or the airdam, you know where thats going. Now I'm dealing with someone who rear ended me driving while I was driving a Triumph TR3 show car $$$. It's turning out like yours, damage doesn't look too terrible but then you look closer, door jams are crunched. They awarded $8000 but that was rather modest however they were/are more than willing to send the adjuster back out to cut another check if needed.

Are they not only available to military folks or folks with relations with folks in the military? USAA's website says Im not eligible because of that reason at least.

Matter of fact they simply forwarded me to my CURRENT insurance company Liberty Mutual which does not offer classic car insurance.

I have USAA here...the adjuster came out, took a look, asked me what it would cost to fix it and he and I looked at new part prices and he cut me a check. No quibble, no questionable appraisals at all.

Although it helps that my particular agent drives a silver 1976 280Z...

I have USAA here...the adjuster came out, took a look, asked me what it would cost to fix it and he and I looked at new part prices and he cut me a check. No quibble, no questionable appraisals at all.

Although it helps that my particular agent drives a silver 1976 280Z...

Yup that's how this guy was, mind you it was the other persons insurance thats USAA, not mine. I had the print offs from MSA for a hood, airdam, headlight bucket, he added a little more for paint and installation. Those three things came out to a $2100 check. Unfortunately, since I painted my Z, now the hood and airdam look ten times better than the rest of the car... lol

The Triumph TR3 that I was driving when I got rear ended, same insurance, actually the same adjuster came out. That's a little different because that was a show car with $50,000 in invoices. Granted half that was paint and body and everything mechanical on the car still works after the accident. My father gave him the big book of part numbers and prices to base his estimate off of. Only problem is that he would mark down like $400 for a new fender, 1 hour of labor for paint and fitment, etc. The fenders though aren't just purchased and fit perfectly, they require some work to get on... They were real nice and said to just give the adjuster a call to come back out if we need more money or if we find more damage when we get the crunched trunk open.

They also took care of my medical which wasn't much. Just a check up, an xray of my neck, some pills that didn't really do much. Came out to $300 and within a week of me faxing my reciepts in, they called me up saying they will give me $600.

The fall back if we don't get enough is to ask Hagerty to do something since the car is insured on there. Don't know if Hagerty would give us money and then take USAA to court or what.

Nick whats your age? They wouldn't accept my Z saying it wasn't "show car quality" even though my mother told them it was being restored... Maybe they had a suspicion that I would be the one driving it... when she said it was my car but in her name.