HybridZ

EBay Fender Mount Mirrors: ols_eucs (Philippines)

devgru38

Does anybody have any experience with these reproduction fender mounts from the Philippines?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fender-mirrors-datsun-240z-260z-280z-toyota-ta22-te27-/140887278524?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D4046963964964739757%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D121031052666%26

They look cheap, and I may have to do some glue magic to make them not rattle around too much, but they look fairly decent.  I was considering the MSA bullet mirrors until I read here that the stem/stalk was too short to be functional.  Any other suggestions for decent remanufactured/reproduction fender mount mirrors?

--Sorry to start another fender mount mirror thread, but after a few hours (off and on) I had no luck finding any info using the search tool.

Thanks!

Chris

37.jpg

If you type in "240z fender mirrors" into google images- youll find a few of these hiding around.  This one caught my eye.  I've got a set myself but sadly have also not installed them yet.  Cross the fingers, they should by on by march.

Edited by Sideways

I have them on my car.  They are quite useable and are not loose.  Definitely a good value (price versus quality).  The viewable angle leaves a little bit to be desired  Saying that, once you get used to the fact that these mirrors (and most vintage mirrors) are quite a bit smaller than modern ones, you start to get comfortable with them.

CarCurrent.jpg

Does anybody have any experience with these reproduction fender mounts from the Philippines?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fender-mirrors-datsun-240z-260z-280z-toyota-ta22-te27-/140887278524?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D4046963964964739757%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D121031052666%26

They look cheap, and I may have to do some glue magic to make them not rattle around too much, but they look fairly decent. I was considering the MSA bullet mirrors until I read here that the stem/stalk was too short to be functional. Any other suggestions for decent remanufactured/reproduction fender mount mirrors?

--Sorry to start another fender mount mirror thread, but after a few hours (off and on) I had no luck finding any info using the search tool.

Thanks!

Chris

Don't buy these. I bought a pair for kicks to see what they were like and I was not happy at all. They looked a lot A LOT cheaper in person. Plasticee, not too loose but just unfit for a quality Z (in my opinion). I have a genuine set of 510 SSS mirrors new only mock mounted if you want them. The real S30 mirrors have a 3cm height difference if thats not a bother as it was for me. I can't give you the mounting hardware though :) I need it.

Don't buy these. I bought a pair for kicks to see what they were like and I was not happy at all. They looked a lot A LOT cheaper in person. Plasticee, not too loose but just unfit for a quality Z (in my opinion). I have a genuine set of 510 SSS mirrors new only mock mounted if you want them. The real S30 mirrors have a 3cm height difference if thats not a bother as it was for me. I can't give you the mounting hardware though :) I need it.

Ohh.. I'd be very interested.  Could you email me pics/more info?  I'll PM you my email address.  And I'm local to you (Marina del Rey)

Thanks!

I have 'em on mine. I set it up using the measurements I found on here. They are plastic though. I'd be willing to purchase the same set for a bit more if they were metal.

How well do they work? Able to use them effectively while driving? I figure I'll just spray them matte black to mask the plastic-ness.

Edited by devgru38

Sorry for the late reply.

Takes a bit of time to get them adjusted.  I mounted them with the diagrams for the fender mirrors.

So I adjusted the body to tilt over a little.

Then I had help from two people; one to adjust the glass, and one to lean on my rear quarter panel.

The key is to see their waist in the mirror.  If you see their chest it's too high.

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased these too. I havent installed them, more other priorities on the car. They seem like they will work. I didnt want to spend $200+ for fender mirrors, and these fit the bill. They look like they will work just fine. Just take that stupid GT sticker off :) Took almost a month to get to Arizona...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have these mirrors and they are on my Z right now. I can't see anything out of them, but I think they look fine. I used the measurements I found on here but I think I messed up. They don't rattle around or anything though. I'm going to re mount them once I fill the holes I drilled into my fenders :icon50: 

I have these mirrors and they are on my Z right now. I can't see anything out of them, but I think they look fine. I used the measurements I found on here but I think I messed up. They don't rattle around or anything though. I'm going to re mount them once I fill the holes I drilled into my fenders :icon50: 

Trust me, you're not wrong. I have the same setup and used the same measurements that you talk about and I can't see @#$% out of them. But, I had them painted Matte Black and the outcome was very nice. Leaving them the plastic black doesn't look very good. I'll throw some pics up later tonight if I find the time.

I agree. It's all preference really. I don't think any s30 mirrors actually came in chrome, just black.

Yes, they did. The sport option parts catalog had them listed, and into the 90's those chrome Nismo mirrors were $49 each, while the black units were $150 each!

Those mirrors are Toyota parts from my recollection. Still stocked in Asia. I wonder what the agent in Brunei wants for a set...hmmm,m,

• 2 weeks later...

So I am about ready to install these on my car, and I think I found all the same instructions as everyone else had with people saying its not a good fit based off those instructions.... Does anyone have good location instructions on where these need to mount to be functional? I reattached what I found in another thread just in case I found something else.

post-35613-0-99157900-1364263596_thumb.jpg

Edited by AZGhost623

So I am about ready to install these on my car, and I think I found all the same instructions as everyone else had with people saying its not a good fit based off those instructions.... Does anyone have good location instructions on where these need to mount to be functional? I reattached what I found in another thread just in case I found something else.

If you have them on an LHD Car, that is where they go. They will be dismal there on an RHD Car.

They were labeled RHD & LHD By the original diagrammer, Alan Thomas.

People were getting poor results putting them in the wrong position. Imagine that, huh?