HybridZ

'73 project car needs to go

I have a 73' project car with a bunch of '72 parts that I need to sell. The motor is fresh with a lively cam set up. The suspension is set up for track days with stiff, shorter springs, bushings, camber bushings, KYB shocks, and plenty of spares. Spares include a 5 speed tranny, 3 extra SU carbs, extra interior panels, and so on. 2 Gas tanks, a fresh radiator, spare body panels.....

The body will need a paint job as there are panels from the '72 and '73. The frame and body are rust free. The body has some damage to the underside of the right rear quarter panel. I have an extra quarter panel to use for the repair. The bumpers have been rechromed, there are spare replacement stock seats and a replacement crack free dash. 

The engine is out, the interior removed. The engine is fresh and the body is ready for the paint and body shop. My question to the group is how do I put a price on all this? I need to move it quickly and would appreciate your comments or offers.

The car is located in Arlington, TX.

Thank you

You need to be a donating member to sell on this forum for starters. In all honesty disassembled projects like that are hard to sell. I'd sell the crack free dash if its a dash and not a cap on eBay. Everything else you'd have better luck parting it out then selling it as a package. The bumpers are worth a pretty penny and you might be able to get 800 or so for the rolling chassis if you find somebody gun-ho about a 240z. DFW Craigslist is flooded with Zs around the holiday season as well. In all honesty it just depends.

Edited by tecreatta

Yeah, the donating member thing kinda sucks, but it is true.  Better to casually.....in passing....mention you're thinking about getting rid of a project and gauging interest rather than throwing a for sale post on Hybrid Z. Not sure if this is "technically legal" by this site's standards, but if you search for "Datsun Classifieds" in Google, you'll find a great little free site run by another, non-named forum for Z cars.  :icon56: