HybridZ

LS guys what are you doing for your power brakes?

I never drove my car with the six for comparison, but if I hook the vacuum line from the booster to the factory tube on the LS1 manifold, I get way too much assist, like stepping on a marshmallow and then way too much braking for the effort.  Really tough especially to heel-and-toe that way.

I tried leaving the vacuum source capped, but then it's alarming in how much effort it takes, and I feel like I'm gonna put my foot through the thin firewall.

I tried getting an industrial valve designed to regulate pressure/vacuum, but all that did is allow full boost for maybe 1.5 pumps and then the booster was depleted.  In other words it regulated the volume but not the pressure.

I have the stock front disc and rear drum setup stock for my 72 240, and don't want to go down the road right now of the full front/rear and master cylinder upgrade, just want to drive the car for awhile.  I doubt I can just mount the master right to the firewall and simply delete the booster, but I don't mind manual brakes if it's easy and relatively cheap.

I didn't post this in the brakes section as I am hoping for an LS-specific solution that might still allow me to use the booster.

I never drove my car with the six for comparison, but if I hook the vacuum line from the booster to the factory tube on the LS1 manifold, I get way too much assist, like stepping on a marshmallow and then way too much braking for the effort.  Really tough especially to heel-and-toe that way.

I tried leaving the vacuum source capped, but then it's alarming in how much effort it takes, and I feel like I'm gonna put my foot through the thin firewall.

I tried getting an industrial valve designed to regulate pressure/vacuum, but all that did is allow full boost for maybe 1.5 pumps and then the booster was depleted.  In other words it regulated the volume but not the pressure.

I have the stock front disc and rear drum setup stock for my 72 240, and don't want to go down the road right now of the full front/rear and master cylinder upgrade, just want to drive the car for awhile.  I doubt I can just mount the master right to the firewall and simply delete the booster, but I don't mind manual brakes if it's easy and relatively cheap.

I didn't post this in the brakes section as I am hoping for an LS-specific solution that might still allow me to use the booster.

I am having the same problem.  Please let me know how you fixed the problem.

I'm running the later zx 15/16" booster and the pedal pressure/feel suits my needs fine. Able to heel/toe and effectively modulate the brakes both on the track & street and the larger booster masks my lack of race car driver smoothness and makes my heel-toe feel like I actually know what I'm doing, thus making [passenger] perception = reality!