HybridZ

Let's see if I can move my Hello's as I have found the right section

I just recently purchased (two weeks almost) my Sept of 70, 1971 titled 240 Datsun Z. I was going to sell my 06 G35, but had a mix up with a call box pole on the way to wash it before selling it that afternoon last week. Yeah fml right.

156929_440017126047312_482145443_n.jpg

Before that it was pretty nice though

132471_420337828015242_42891223_o.jpg

Anyway it came with a ton of goodies and is numbers matching as far as I can tell. Not much rust under the battery box but the floor pans are pretty bad. I have a full gasket kit for the motor and one for the rear diff going on tomorrow as well as the Zparts fan setup and the radiator overflow with a new cap. I already had to put a new water pump on her and have taken the window louvers off as well as the rear bumper idky I do n't like them, but I don't

Enough of all that on to the pictures of goodies and such

45300_438666309515727_632241351_n.jpg

480959_439320642783627_953861916_n.jpg

59323_439320669450291_1085847635_n.jpg

403028_439320686116956_1928240051_n.jpg

64655_439320702783621_1422100107_n.jpg

61446_439320759450282_195832315_n.jpg

479780_439320782783613_1587899766_n.jpg

261447_439320789450279_89849033_n.jpg

558768_439320802783611_784123089_n.jpg

18688_440480862667605_580708581_n.jpg

I hope these show as there from my fb if not I'll upload them to photobucket and try again

I am at a cross roads because I do love these cars and this would be great for an original restoration, but A) its and Autotragic and B) I want to go fully custom retro new with it.

Also I am in Orlando for anyone local to me guys as everyone is local to themselves. ahahah

Ps I'll also be on Zcar as well since both of these sites are pretty well versed with knowledge. 

And of course G35driver. Same name

Edited by AJY

Go full custom!  Haha, that's the rebel in me, at least.  :D  My 260z is going full custom.  Pretty sure I won't even stick on the original decals and might just call it a kit car...  Maybe...  Idk, I feel like I owe something to Datsun, so maybe the decals will stay.  As far as the damaged G35, they make bondo for that, lol. No that really sucks man and sorry to hear that! 

I agree with you the bumpers for these cars are not their shining achievement, for sure!  Taking them off was the right call by my standards.  At any rate, looks like you got a clean car and welcome to the forums.  :)

Thanks man Yeah the insurance company just told me to go **** my self basically so I'll be getting a lawyer soon. Worst case it's a part out. Just the glass on it can make the next years worth of payments.

I feel like it's gonna be fully custom but I'll pop the block in the closet jic. Thanks for the welcome and hopefully this turns into a decent build

Edited by AJY

Ps I'll also be on Zcar as well since both of these sites are pretty well versed with knowledge. 
And of course G35driver. Same name

Zcar does not have the technical knowledge this site obtains and strives for everyday.  I'm still curious what your "technical" issue with your S30 is.  This site is a very informative group of Datsun fanatics who strive for nothing but the best when it comes to knowledge for modified Datsun Z cars.  It takes awhile to learn the ropes of this forum.  Do yourself a favor as you are new and READ THE RULES!!!  These guys do no tolerate what you are posting.  Just trying to help you out.  Good luck to you.

There isn't much technically wrong with it, Just needs new gaskets (which I have been working at today) and hoses as well. Some weird issues with the dash lights flickering and a few loose grounds and intermittent headlights and running lights.

I'll review the rules I ass-u-me'd that they would be similar to the other forums.

I wasn't implying either site was better I was just saying that I will be on both as any Nissan/Datsun/Infiniti enthusiast is worth talking to. 

Zcar does not have the technical knowledge this site obtains and strives for everyday.  I'm still curious what your "technical" issue with your S30 is.  This site is a very informative group of Datsun fanatics who strive for nothing but the best when it comes to knowledge for modified Datsun Z cars.  It takes awhile to learn the ropes of this forum.  Do yourself a favor as you are new and READ THE RULES!!!  These guys do no tolerate what you are posting.  Just trying to help you out.  Good luck to you.

I went and read the rules I am not sure how I am in violation. I do realize I have posted in the wrong area, but I am sure once I play around with it a bit I can move it over some how.

Thanks man Yeah the insurance company just told me to go **** my self basically so I'll be getting a lawyer soon. Worst case it's a part out. Just the glass on it can make the next years worth of payments.

I think this is why I wanted to give you a heads up.  I hope you build a great Z.  Don't get caught up on the numbers matching.  It doesn't mean a whole lot, even on resale value like an american muscle car would. Not from what i've seen anyhow. Hopefully another Datsun will have its glory day.  Keep at it.

I'll be finding out in a few days about the part out. And yeah hopefully it's gonna work out. Right now I am just snapping bolts left and right I feel like the last guy to take this apart didn't use any antisieze at all. Must have used salt water in every bolt hole.

I'm not looking forward to having to drill these out and praying I don't have to re thread any holes.

So far I'm down the thermostat housing bolts

One (soon to be two) manifold down tube bolts and one case bolt (the one that holds the cam shaft journals).

I've used tons of wd40 ok them tried every trick I can think of from rocking to hard yanks to slowly applying more pressure over time. It's always like it either comes off or it snaps. Seriously frustrated right now.

I'll be finding out in a few days about the part out. And yeah hopefully it's gonna work out. Right now I am just snapping bolts left and right I feel like the last guy to take this apart didn't use any antisieze at all. Must have used salt water in every bolt hole.

I'm not looking forward to having to drill these out and praying I don't have to re thread any holes.

So far I'm down the thermostat housing bolts

One (soon to be two) manifold down tube bolts and one case bolt (the one that holds the cam shaft journals).

I've used tons of wd40 ok them tried every trick I can think of from rocking to hard yanks to slowly applying more pressure over time. It's always like it either comes off or it snaps. Seriously frustrated right now.

That's because WD-40 is a water dispersant, not a rust penetrant. Get some Liquid Wrench, Kano Kroil or PB blaster to soak fasteners.

Get some heat on it.  That usually helps a lot. Even if you don't have a mapp gas torch, a propane one with a turbo tip is better than nothing at all.  If they are in the aluminum parts of the engine where the bolts broke off you will have to use a heli coil on those.  Don't just tap them, it won't last. If you do get to the point of having to tap and rethread holes, patience is your best friend.  You do not want to rush tapping threads and break a tap off trust me.

Edited by motomanmike

Look up "kroil", it's a helluva lot better than PB blast, which I usually only use if someone gives me a bottle. The kroil stuff is the same stuff that caterpiillar uses for their machinery and relabel it with their name on it. It's good stuff. I used some getting my CAT out and I'd been heaving and heaving to no avail. Sprayed some kroil on and let it work for 5 minutes while I took a breather, came back and immediately snapped loose with less than I'd guess about 20lbs of force input.

Well Good news I got the rest of the head bolts out without snapping any more. 

I have decided to go ahead and just strip the whole top end and scrub as much of the junk in the water lines out as possible. I wish I had a cherry picker so I could pull the oil pan and swap that gasket too.

Got the H4 bulb swap done and removed the god awful halogens that were bolted to the bumper since a headlight was out. Also removed a defunct air horn and all the wiring for both systems back to the fire wall at least.

I'll def look into the kroil.

I have been slowly becoming more and more fond of this site and am starting to see why sides are drawn. You guys are much more welcoming and helpful. Plus the VQ swap has already been done over here (which saddens me as I am no longer unique, but now I can get pointers).

So many thanks from a humble Noob.

Sorry I forgot the Pics

379a62b4471e11e2b38022000a9e070a_7.jpg
The Bagger isn't mine friends buddy brought it to me as a side project since I am a Kawi Tech, but I will have to pull the engine out so its all about the Benjamins
The other two are though.
68602_444301875618837_219830101_n.jpg
I honestly don't know why I didn't take a post light removal pic.Also have to see what's making the right (our left) light so dull.