HybridZ

RB-26DETT

stony

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stony,

You gotta realize Motorex is the only way we can get a Skyline in US that passes smog and is street legal. There is no way to import one otherwise. So since you're in Japan you may be able to get one dirt cheap, but we're screwed in that states.

------------------

Future 12 sec L28ET Driver

• 2 weeks later...

well took the z out for tuning and playing and it runs great.

I was totally surprised.... i expected it to run strong but its alot stronger then i thought it would be. It was really easy to setup using SDS and at stock booste i waxed a full tuned 3.1 skyline (old one) that was tuned by a very well known shop here on okinawa. I cant believe how hard teh Z's launch. Being an old FC3S owner wheelspin was pretty much the norm of teh line. Im running M&H racemaster 275x50x15 and the thing is deadly of the line.

The car is now on its way to alaska dropped it off at the port yesturday :< But over the next year or so will be installing rollbar and strut bars hopefully stiffening the chassis up. Anyone have any tips for making teh chassis stronger|?

Turbine upgrade and upping injectors to 1000cc with some mild cams is being worked now but prabably wont happen for atleast a year or so . in the end it should be up around the 550+ hp range.

also have some more pics i will post shortly. Oh by teh way anyone in teh okinawa area needing SDS install or any type of welding i highly recommend Matt Hutchins Of Propulsion Motorworks He's ausome and i think he is the only guy that is straight up and will get the job done right the first time

l8rz

stony

• 1 month later...

let us know about customs-is there any tricks to car importation.when you get it going please post a darius -style video.the part where you floor it at 60mph and it smokes the tires with out touching the clutch.if i had the bucks i would put a 20b twin turbo 3 rotor mazda in my car.i found a place in oregon to get them.

no tricks here.. this was a stateside car originally. But anything older then 25 years is exept from any of teh customs and DOT inspections that a newer car is subject to. A friend set back a GTR and it cost him 15000.oo thru motorex

oh by teh way the car made it in one piece with only a small scratch on teh rear bumper that will buff out;> running real good. allthough a car in need of an alignment running wrinkle wall drag tires sucks in teh snow ;

No i dont mind... it is definetly not cheap...i bought a compete drivetrain...motor mission diff and a bunch of accessories for 4500.00. the motor is capable of 600HP with no internal mods. i have a total of about 15000 into the car and im pretty sure itll run low 11s when setup in teh current stock setup (engine). But we'll have to see

here are some more pics http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/stonehac?d&.flabel=fld3&.intl=us&.src=ph&start=1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Speaker

hey stony,

you said you got a contact over there in Japan?

and after shipping it would be $6k again?

are you talking about all the parts you had to buy that were japanese only?

like the motor, tranny, diff, driveshaft, rb20 mounts?

if so let me know thats what i want...

does that include the stock turbos as well?

see if you can get some kind of guesstimate..

thx

-Brian

even for japan i got a pretty good price normal i would say for everything motor 3500, mission 1500, diff 300 driveshaft 100 z-31 mounts (used) 50. that was the major stuff. the shipping your looking at 1000+ by sea. everything would have to be able to fit in a 1 meter square box or it would cost more.

I do have a contact (S) but for small parts only. i think if your not in japan a well built v-8 would be cheaper for the 350-400 HP range

just what i think

Guest Speaker

so the contact only does the small stuff like the mounts? he wouldn't be able to do the engine and other stuffs?

i really want an rb26 instead; for lots of reasons...

i could get a L28t done for much cheaper; the engine would only cost me $300 or so...

but this isn't so much about saving money... of course i don't want to spend $9k on the drivetrain but i don't mind spending $6500 if it includes everything in that list you just gave me..

let me know

-Brian