HybridZ

G Nose Headlight Covers

Mark Clapp

Hi Wasey,  I know I could do quarter glass and most likely the door windows.  I will try to get some used glass to make patterns from.  If anyone has some they don't need, I'll make them a free set in exchange.  I need the dimensions of the hatch glass to see if it will fit in my oven.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

816-286-6982

mclapp1@att.net 

Hi Wasey,  I know I could do quarter glass and most likely the door windows.  I will try to get some used glass to make patterns from.  If anyone has some they don't need, I'll make them a free set in exchange.  I need the dimensions of the hatch glass to see if it will fit in my oven.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

816-286-6982

mclapp1@att.net

If you give me a bit of time (3 weeks or so) I will take you up on this.

Thanks,

Casey

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I finally got my headlight covers installed properly.

I have to give Mark Clapp credit for a fine job and also a great attitude when I needed help.

Check out the attached photos !!

I'm very satisfied.

Thanks Mark.

post-25835-0-27952700-1403649226_thumb.jpg

post-25835-0-65177000-1403649364_thumb.jpg

post-25835-0-70485400-1403649526_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys, I will be making the quarter windows soon in the same crack-proof plastic I use for the G-nose headlight covers I make.  I have OE glass and am making the patterns.  I was wondering how much larger all around I should make them to fill the quarter window recess since the trim will be eliminated, unless you choose to install the pieces in your trim.  Thanks for any help on this.

Mark Clapp

816-286-6982

• 2 months later...

Hi G-nosers, I finally received some photos of the G-nose covers I make in OE size fitted under the trim rings. These are on an OE G-nose that the owner will be installing on his car soon. I don't carry the trim rings and if you don't have them, I also make the covers in a smaller radius for what I call a "flush fit" with the edges of the light buckets. For the flush fit covers I include L-braces made from the same crystal clear plastic to mount them with (see the photos I've posted previously). I'm still asking $189/pair for either size. Feel free to email me at: mclapp1@att.net or better yet give me a call anytime at: 816-286-6982 to talk about your car and the light covers.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

post-29241-0-03666700-1424024744_thumb.jpg

post-29241-0-73668800-1424024755_thumb.jpg

Door Edge Trim sold on a roll, bought by the foot! You can get gold or chrome, plus some other chromatics and solid colors.

Good to see this developing nicely, I wish I had the memory I once did to order what I said I needed. Argh!

• 8 months later...

Hi Jason, I'll get some photos of the quarter windows up.  I make them as an OE replacement and also in "competition" size that fully fill the window recess to eliminate the frame.

Hi Zeeyah, I don't see a PM from you.  Why don't you email me at:  mclapp5526@gmail.com or better yet, give me a call anytime at:  816-286-6982 to talk about the light covers.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi G-nose Fans, I noticed that I haven't posted in a while.  I get emails asking if I still make the light covers for the G-nose Zs.  I am still making them and would be glad to make a set for anyone wanting to finish out their cars.  The plastic I use is crack-proof so you don't need the special drill bits for plastic like you do for acrylic (Plexiglas).  Any old bit will do fine with no cracking.  I made my patterns from OEM G-nose light covers.  I make them in the OEM size to use under the trim rings.  If you don't have the trim rings, I also make them in a smaller radius for a flush fit with the light bucket edges.  For these I include L-braces made from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with.  From a short distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car.  I'm still asking $189/pair and the shipping is covered with $20 within the U.S. and $30 to overseas.  I also make the quarter windows in the same crack-proof plastic and ask $60/pair for those.  Email me at:  mclapp5526@gmail.com if you have any questions and feel free to call anytime at:  816-286-6982 to talk about your car and the light covers.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

816-286-6982

240Z Quarter Windows 1.JPG

Z G nose 14.JPG

Z G Nose 17.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys and Gals, I get emails asking if I still make the ZG light covers and quarter windows and wanted to say that I do at the same price.  Please email me at: mclapp5526@gmail.com with any questions and feel free to call anytime at: 816-286-6982 to talk about your car and the plexi pieces.

Thanks,

Mark Clapp

816-286-6982

• Thanks 1