HybridZ

Trouble creating new albums?

LanceVance

Ever since the recent hack/malware incident (Thanks Dan for all the hard work fixing that!) and subsequent site update I haven't been able to find the option to create a new album? I typically use IE8 or Chrome on my phone, and haven't been able to find the option on either browser.

Is this just me or are we now stuck with only the albums we've created before the update?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Also, the new insert link button only seems to paste in the entire web address instead of allowing us to have a single word or phrase as a clickable link... Seems kind of pointless now? I've been able to paste in the old HTML to add links, but it can be a little tedious on a 4" touchscreen!

• 4 months later...

Bump!

Still haven't figured out how to create a new album! If I go through the main Album tab and click 'upload' when it gets to the point to select an album, I am only given the option to choose from albums I've already created (at this point only one of my non-Z daily driver). If i go through 'My Gallery' I am only shown this same album, or the images that I've upload that are in the general picture cache (the one everyone shares).

I would really like to start cataloging some of the photographic progress on my Z, but I don't want to just throw the pictures out there haphazardly... This is the same on Safari, Chrome and IE!

Any help? Is this a donating member option only, I know I've seen a few people with multiple albums?

• Administrators

Goto upper right corner of home page, dropdown on your name select "My Settings"

On the menu bar under the words "My Settings" select "Gallery" then select "Create a new album" button on right.

Why the hell they put it here I have no idea. :icon55:

Goto upper right corner of home page, dropdown on your name select "My Settings"

On the menu bar under the words "My Settings" select "Gallery" then select "Create a new album" button on right.

Why the hell they put it here I have no idea. :icon55:

Like Dan said:

Use pull down menu

post-181-0-63110800-1369330332_thumb.jpg

Be sure to hit "upload" (black tab at upper right) to activate the last step (choose existing album or New Album).

post-181-0-13482800-1369330347_thumb.jpg

Choose existing album or New Album

post-181-0-66630800-1369330340_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the advice, however neither way displayed the 'Create New Album' button until I made a donation and fell under the Donating Members classification again. Not sure if this is intentional, but this seem to be one of the privileges that is locked to normal accounts? Might be worth annotating the 'Updated Donation Information' announcement thread, as it only mentions increased photo size allowances as a Donating Members perk.

I had been meaning to donate for a while now, so this gave me the perfect excuse.

Thanks again!

• Administrators

Thanks for the advice, however neither way displayed the 'Create New Album' button until I made a donation and fell under the Donating Members classification again. Not sure if this is intentional, but this seem to be one of the privileges that is locked to normal accounts? Might be worth annotating the 'Updated Donation Information' announcement thread, as it only mentions increased photo size allowances as a Donating Members perk.

I had been meaning to donate for a while now, so this gave me the perfect excuse.

Thanks again!

Weird, I do not recall setting it up that being a donating member was required to create albums... Ill take a look at it later when I get home.

Thanks for the heads up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dan-

I'm experiencing similar but different issue with loading albums.  I having no problem creating a new album, but I receive the following message when I try to upload images to the album:

"Error The server returned an error during upload".

Is this a system issue, or am I doing something wrong?

Thx, as always, for your excellent help.

r/John Meyer

Not sure if this is related, but I've been experiencing something odd as well...

I wouldn't call it a problem exactly, but many of the pictures in my album aren't displaying correctly. Instead of displaying a thumbnail size version of pictures, I'm getting thumbnail size portions of the full sized images. Selecting them displays the pictures normally, but having a preview beforehand is nice.

• Administrators

I think I got it sorted out. If you notice some things not displaying correctly you may want to refresh your browser cache.

In Windows running most browsers you can do it by using ctrl+F5 while on the page that is having issues.

A normal F5 or refresh will not work.

• 3 weeks later...