HybridZ

What's a 280ZXR whale tail spoiler worth?

ArchetypeDatsun

Threw out the years I've seen the 280ZXR spoilers go for some good money in really good condition by itself bad condition a few hundred bucks. I know Nissan sold them individually back then to the public with shocks to replace the stock ones for the added weight. It's been a long time since I've seen one for sale even online. I own one myself in new condition but what are these spoilers worth in reality now that I have seen some rare Datsun/Nissan parts sale for quite a bit.

I know there are aftermarket ones out there (like the one from ZCC) for around $500. So I'd say it would be right around there because if it were higher, someone would just go buy the aftermarket one unless they were looking at doing an OEM restoration or wanted a pure OEM car.

My FRP copy is exact... muahahahaha, and documented as such!

My stock, and my aftermarket FRP you couldn't touch right now for anywhere near the prices you are mentioning. Not from me, at least!

Never knew there was an exact copy good to know, is it made from the same material? I just want to know what the ZXR spoiler are going for now days?

Tony you know anything about this says it's 1981 280ZX-R?

161C9B11-FF95-446C-BE39-B028588E1262-187

D85AC2D1-0E5E-43BB-814F-7BBEA78C9CDF-187

Edited by 280zx@541

There is a list of VIN that identifies the ZXR's manufactured by Nissan. If the VIN is not on the list, it's a replica.

My repro is Fibreglass (FRP) - the original was urethane like the Turbo Chin Spoilers in JDM & Europe. My repro was for SCCA racing, the entire reason the original 1000 or so ZXR's were produced: to homologate the spoiler for competition. The spoiler resided on the back of the PLN/BSR 280ZXT #33 Car... Thanks to Zya, it becometh mine, and resideth it does verily in a prominent position of honour within mine abode!

Yeah I got my original urethane one for $60. I wouldn't sell it for less than $400 though. I would very much like to make a fiberglass copy because it is god awful heavy (around 25#) and I like the middle area that is lower than the rest of the tale. The fiberglass repros for sale I see don't have that, they have a continuous edge. 

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...