HybridZ

5 speed options

I forgot to mention this earlier, I believe all 400s are externally balanced so you will need to get a weighted flywheel. I had one in my cars t56 set up. I don't remember the name.

Clutch was an oem gm. Car only had 331 crank hp so it was okay.

Now the car has 525/647 tq and blew up my 700r4 with slicks.

yea, from my research, centerforce makes an externally balanced flywheel setup. My car is prolly only around ~350 at the crank. I plan to go ahead and rebuild the trans while it is out and buy a nice clutch and master cylinder. Once I get everything I need I will be taking tons of pics of the install and do a write up so anyone else planning this in the future wont have near as much trouble with this swap. Thanks for all your help so far robftw!!!

If you're getting a new clutch flywheel and pressure plate you'll just need the trans, bell housing, shifter, slave cylinder and the hose attached to the slave cylinder.

I'm not sure if lt1 are externally balanced. If they are take the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel too if they are the Correct tooth count for your 400.

I *think* all 400 blocks are 168 tooth spread bolt starters.

You will definitely need a new flywheel, the LT1 won't work it doesn't have the balancing you need for the 400. Besides Centerforce I think MaCleod (spelling) make one too.

You will need a new master and slave, the plastic Master out of the Camaro will not fit, a Tilton and others are a direct fit and mate well to the linkage, there are previous write ups on this as well.

The Plastic slave has no bleeder and depending on how you run your exhaust it could get a little warm and melt, you can pick up a cheap T5 metal slave at AutoZone for $35 and it has a bleeder, you will need a GM Quik-Connect to AN adaptor fitting and a length of 4AN braided hose to go from the Tilton master to the T5 slave, the Tilton already has AN fittings. Just bolt them up, attach the linkage, fill with fluid and bleed and your ready to go. 

There is also a write up on the T5 slave and the GM-AN adaptor.

Good luck,

Greg