HybridZ

Boy..it's been a few years now, ZapZ project with RB26 engine

Lotus7

I wanna go back to continue my 1977 ZapZ project with RB26 engine and Rb25 tranny. I forgot what i need to do in regards to the wiring.

I have the stock 280z wiring in the chassis and I also have an RB26dett R32 engine/injection wiring harness.

Where do I start?

Is there anyone one can help me convert/merge my stock 280Z wiring along with the Rb26 wiring? I will pay.

I stopped this project for about 3 years now. I'm ready to continue. I forgot all my plans & things that I need to do.

That's a long years that the car sitting.....empty heart.

Thank you...

Hey Lotus, been a long time! Are you still planning on using the Electromotive TEC II?

Joe

I want to make my life easier and perhaps buy an AEM EMS? - I don't know i'm not certain yet what to do in regards to the wiring....what do you suggest?

I just finished my Lotus super 7 project and now ready to the next one.

The last time, I remember modifying my oil pump sump pickup....but I'm not comfortable i did it right.

Is there any aftermarket that you know selling an oil pick up for RB26? I also forgot where my oil sump came from but it fits...all i need is the proper pick up.

Go with wiring specialties, i went with someone else and wasn't pleased.

I wasn't pleased with wiring specialties work.... 

I pretty much picked up a another used harness and just followed Chris Rummel's write-up, it now runs like a charm... P.S. I should of just did that in the first place.  :icon56:  It's also good to know where and what all the wires are coming from the ECU in the long run...

Lotus7 - Good luck and have fun with the project man! It took me 5 long years working on it off and on, but its all worth it in the end...!

Edited by Zreddy

I wasn't pleased with wiring specialties work.... 

I pretty much picked up a another used harness and just followed Chris Rummel's write-up, it now runs like a charm... P.S. I should of just did that in the first place.  :icon56:  It's also good to know where and what all the wires are coming from the ECU in the long run...

Lotus7 - Good luck and have fun with the project man! It took me 5 long years working on it off and on, but its all worth it in the end...!

I was torn between that solution to but in the end what you have is a spliced 20 year old harness. I also had a few issues with my harness that Yuri walked thru with me over the phone. I eventually found out i just misunderstood how to shoot thru the ignitor. Im sure if you had an issue with your harness and called yuri at wiringS he would have been more then happy to resolve what ever problem you had.