HybridZ

Stainless Header from OBX

inZane 240

I've got their header for my 99 Miata (was cheaper than replacing the stock manifold with pre-cat). You hear a lot of crap about OBX headers, but mine looks like a pretty nice piece. For the Miata they made a rough copy of the Jackson Racing header. Too bad they picked the Pacesetter for the Z.

The Pacesetter can be made to work better if you build a real merge collector (instead of the "Y" pipe they ship) and position the merge so that the rear three cylinders have an average effective length (from the back of the valve) of 29" to the actual merge point of the collector you build.

Yep, looks like the B'ville Car's "belly pan" exhaust. Normally with the 2.8 we run dumps off the header as the twin 2.5's drop a bit of HP.

With the 2.0, we can run the twin 2.5's and not see any difference.

Mufflers, oh Pete... How The Man oppresses us!

Looks like my MSA ceramic coated header I bought years ago. Unequal length pipes into twin 50mm outlets--which i continued on all the way out back. Sound is better than I could have imagined. Don't care about weight or HP loss---if any---it makes the driving experience the total package.

post-1083-0-18353600-1360848073_thumb.jpg

post-1083-0-47180300-1360848103_thumb.jpg

post-1083-0-74622400-1360848143_thumb.jpg

if only these could fit our car. Damn left hand drive stearing linkage! :)

I think you're mistaken, that header from Japan looks like it fits LHD Cars, the Fujitsubo does not, it's out considerably closer---in fact within 12mm from the frame rail on the left size. The location of the flange is the giveaway, while this comes out somewhat, it tucks back next to the block/transmission joint area. I don't see that header being an impediment to the linkage, the Fujitsubo: no WAY!

But that one? I think it flies...

You mean like this?

P6020011.jpg

P6020012.jpg

P6020010.jpg

This is the exaust on my 240Z vintage racer. It is similar to what they ran back in the day, except they didn't run any muffler at all. It sounds amazing.

That's damn sexy...  The exhaust not the header. Ive seen that setup on Vintage type 240Z's at Laguna Seca sticking out the rear cowl.

I have several OBX exhaust parts. I would never pay full price for them. The work is made to look nice on the outside, but inside isnt so nice at the joints and the tubing is always so thin that it can easily crack(not always but 'CAN'). Making any modifications to the structure can be done, but its so thin and not round that tig welding is a royal pain.