HybridZ

New CV Upgrade Option - 240sx Hubs & Axles

TrumpetRhapsody

If you're trying to keep this cheap and easy, you've missed the mark by a mile.

Stock Z31T driver's center bar gets swapped to the passenger side. You've already got this if you have the Z31T axles.

Stock 1990-92 OR 1993 WD21 Pathfinder 4x4 front driver's center bar gets fitted in the driver's side. This is a 10$ part in the U-pull yard.

Using the 1993 center bar, you run a larger spacer, about 1.25" thick on the driver's side. 1990-1992 will need a thinner spacer, as the axle is STILL shorter than you need it to be, but not AS short. Spacer thickness for the 1990-1992 axle will be less. The spacer thickness depends on if you have bolt-through companion flanges or the threaded companion flanges, as they are going to be different thicknesses. Not a huge deal to measure out, either.

Done. No binding, no problems.

Sunny: I'll dig more into that, maybe I'm thinking it's more complicated/expensive than it should be.

T3 seems to think this will be a decent lower cost swap, just need to confirm that by trying it!

Xnke: That is a decent Z31 axle option, but that leaves the weak stub axles. Those are the heavy hitters on price. Plus not everyone has easy access to a pick-n-pull. 240sx parts are a dime a dozen on many forums.

If you're trying to keep this cheap and easy, you've missed the mark by a mile.

Stock Z31T driver's center bar gets swapped to the passenger side. You've already got this if you have the Z31T axles.

Stock 1990-92 OR 1993 WD21 Pathfinder 4x4 front driver's center bar gets fitted in the driver's side. This is a 10$ part in the U-pull yard.

Using the 1993 center bar, you run a larger spacer, about 1.25" thick on the driver's side. 1990-1992 will need a thinner spacer, as the axle is STILL shorter than you need it to be, but not AS short. Spacer thickness for the 1990-1992 axle will be less. The spacer thickness depends on if you have bolt-through companion flanges or the threaded companion flanges, as they are going to be different thicknesses. Not a huge deal to measure out, either.

Done. No binding, no problems.

How'd you come about this info?  I've been searching all over the place trying to find a solution and this is the first I've seen of the Pathfinder 4x4 front driver's side axle.  Not saying you're wrong by any means, just curious if this is actually an option.

Either way, I'm all :popcorns: in this thread.  Looking for a solution!

Keep up the good work.

There are several threads on hybridZ involving those parts. I actually found that info here, as posted by NZeder, I think. He was trying to find a way to make the Nismo 30 Spline LSD work.

You can always just order that axle from the parts store too. That still doesn't solve the stub axle problem, but I think there is another easy solution for that too...not sure yet.

As for it being a real option, I've been driving on that solution for a year now. I'd hope it was real!

There are several threads on hybridZ involving those parts. I actually found that info here, as posted by NZeder, I think. He was trying to find a way to make the Nismo 30 Spline LSD work.

You can always just order that axle from the parts store too. That still doesn't solve the stub axle problem, but I think there is another easy solution for that too...not sure yet.

As for it being a real option, I've been driving on that solution for a year now. I'd hope it was real!

You're right, I just hadn't seen them yet.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with mine. 

Its good to have more options but wolfcreeks cost 900$ and are bolt on indestructable, stubs are 200$ at 1100$ you have axels on your R200 add a KAAZ at 900$ and you have a great setup. PS that is what I have. I cant wait to see if your setup works it is ALWAYS good to have more options keep up the reaserch maybe youll end up with something awesome.

How'd you come about this info?  I've been searching all over the place trying to find a solution and this is the first I've seen of the Pathfinder 4x4 front driver's side axle.  Not saying you're wrong by any means, just curious if this is actually an option.

Either way, I'm all :popcorns: in this thread.  Looking for a solution!

Keep up the good work.

For what its worth I have heard of this option as well, havent done it myself though.