HybridZ

Subaru Camber Plates on S130

So, a buddy of mine has an Impreza that he has on coils and lowered and such. He had a spare camber plate laying around so I decided to check the bolt pattern for the front of my car and they lined up. Since I'm lowered on the Tokikos, I've been getting some annoying camber wear on my tires and the car has been pulling all over the road with the slightest grove. Here is my question, Is there a reason that most of what I have seen for camber plates on a S130 are cut out and weld in? I find it hard to believe that no one has tried any other camber plates before. From the look of it all that would need to be done is cutting out that bump in the middle. Thoughts?

I just added camber plates to my s30. I purchased the circle shaped ones on eBay and cut them to fit the shape of my towers. Worked out perfect. I would check the diameter of the spherical bearing to make sureyour shocks will fit. Ill try to get pictures of mine later

In other words, you can make anything work with some fabbing. I would first suggest buying the weld in kit for your car. There much stronger and have the potential to look better. Second, if you use Bolt in, I would probably bolt them under the shock tower. I spent more time making 1/8" support brackets that I could have just made the shock tower cuts look good and bolted underneath.

post-5004-0-08681700-1360331837_thumb.jpg

post-5004-0-22557700-1360331873_thumb.jpg

post-5004-0-25309700-1360331910_thumb.jpg

The top of S13/S14 240sx coilovers fit the bolt pattern. Just ry and find a pair of those and reinforce the strut tower if you decide to cut it out. PPK just cut the top out, but he also has a metal ring/washer type thing to keep it all attached. And he beats the shit out of his car.

• 1 month later...

S13 rear coilovers can be installed two ways.

1: keep them all s13 and line up one bolt and still another hole for the other bolt, since they only have two bolts. That's the easy way and the way most people do it.

2: Have a custom Top had made to fit the bottom profile of the S13 coilover (most have a rubber bushing, if it's monoball this will not work unless you spend more money) and to have the bolt pattern of the ZX. This is what I did. I brought the S13 coilover top hat, the ZX rear top hat, and a cylinder of aluminum and told my machinist I want the bottom of the S13, but the top of the ZX. 4 days and $200 later I had a pair of top hats. Obviously I gave him a few more measurements, but you get the idea.

Right now its $0 hahaha I am getting my floor pans and frame rails put in asap. With parts and labor I'm spending about $1000. So I'm going to start saving up again. What brand did you end up going with? It's been a while since I've read that part of your build thread.