HybridZ

First Datsun Project -1978 280Z

Hi Guys,

I've been hanging around here for a while and figured I should start a build thread.

My last project was a 2001 SVT Cobra Convertible, I loved it but I wanted to have something more classic and something a little more budget friendly..yeah right! :)

I picked up this roller last year, no drivetrain or exhaust was included. It was driving before it was taken apart and also had to go through a government safety inspection due to being brought into Canada from the US

It looks to be in pretty good shape, the only rust I can see so far is in the dog legs, inner fender on the passenger side and the rad support. 

I'd like to hear what you guys think of this a starting point, I'm undecided on a motor..but I'm leaning towards a L28ET set up. So feel free to chime in on that, and if anyone can identify which front spoiler that is I'd appreciate it

Here are some pics;

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0045-1.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

I dont have any info on the fuel cell. the car is currently in storage while I prepare a place for it at my new house.

My idea for this car is kind of a vintage resto...I'm considering a triple carb set up as well....but the turbo power is tough to pass on