HybridZ

6 bolt 4g63 73 240z

4g63z

I started doing a swap into my 240z about 4 months ago im slowly moving forward. i got the engine with custom engine mounts and the transmission in with custom mounts. i got my engine from my 92 eagle talon tsi fully built. just got tired of not being able to drive it on the street because of the setup/braking transmissions. so me and my father in law were planning on building a z either way and putting a sr20det into it. but his plans changed and wasn't able to do it. so he gave me the 240z. so with my parts i had at home and the race 4g63 i really wanted to do this swap so i looked into what i need to make a rwd setup for a 4g63. so first step i bought a custom bellhousing to mate a r154 to 4g63. second step i made the engine mounts and transmission mounts. the engine sits in there like it was made for a z. lol  :icon10:  then i started working on the intake manifold which i just made a flange and welded it to the other side of the manifold. next step was making sure my gt35r will fit rotated and it actually fit really nice so now im even more excited on getting this project done!!!  pictures coming soon

Good luck with your project. It looks interesting :)

I love 4g63! I drove an EVO for many years, It was amazing to drive, the torque from the engine was very good & it was "only" pushing 350 crank hp.

4g63 Engines are my favorite! (There easy to work on and easy to find parts for). I have a lot of friends with DSM's some of them pushing over 600hp!! One of the funnest cars I've ever owned.

Awesome! Please post picture when you can. I owned an 05 Evo for 6 years prior to the Z so I have been toying with the idea of a 4G63Z.

I'm putting together all the pictures i have. Will be posting them soon. The swap seriously fits like it was meant in there lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty nifty, I've often thought about this very swap since my wife's 97' eclipse GST runs so well.   Your engine looks like it's mounted pretty low in the bay?  it's probably just the pictures. The 4G63 isn't that tall.  There's SO much more room to work on it in the Z than in the Eclipse.  This should be a fun car!  Can't wait to see more pictures.

yea it is low but just enough where the oil pan  wont touch before anything else. It definitely is a fun project, sorry people for not posting more i came so a little stop because i got a new job, but soon ill post a lot more stuff.

• 2 years later...