HybridZ

Anyone using a 6' tall pan on S30 with ls1?

Hello

I am looking at getting a ls1 Moroso 7qt oil pan. The specs say 6' depth which is a tiny bit taller than 

a f body oil pan. (f body is 5.62 and moroso is 6)  My question is if anyone has any issues with ground clearance using the stock f body oil pan and jci mounts. I dont plan on lowering my car too much but I would like some leeway in case I want to lower the car more in the future.

I have the stock f body pan and with jci mounts its about a inch and a half below the front crossmember. I would not get anything taller then the f body pan. I want to get a c5 rear sump pan as i can save about an inch. Unless you mod the jci mounts or build your own. Ground clearance is an issue. I scrapped a speedbump today and about crapped my pants lol. Goodluck!

Why are speed bumps called speed bumps? Shouldn't they be called slow bumps? Or crap your pants bumps? I hit mine almost everytime I race due to rutted return tracks. If you buy that pan, keep stock ride height or taller. I'm raising my car since doing the swap. And custom mounts won't help unless you cut out the tranny tunnel and do something special there.

My 240 is not lowered and I too am looking at options for oil pans. I can go LS2 Corvette or Fbody LS1 pan, maybe even custom but damn they are pricey!!!  I will be dropping the motor in over the next two weeks so I'll post up how it goes.....wish me luck!

Kevko. They have a standard item 5" sump (same as LS2) and I just custom ordered a 4" sump which still holds 5 qts. $325 for the pan and $55 for the pickup.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/110966-please-post-photo-of-ls-oil-pan-protectionguarding/?p=1041243

Edited by JMortensen