HybridZ

minimum battery requirements???

I need to pick up a new battery. The stores are no help because they want the make and of car. I don't know what to tell them Because I was never told what motor was in the car. I can't see the stamping so I can look it up.

What's the minimum cold cranking amps needed to start the car and what's the smallest group battery size to put in it ?

What's the smallest group size and Lee Lewis cold cranking amps r

V8? 350cca in good weather with decent wiring/spark. 450-500cca if it's a bit less ideal/high comp/cold/poor spark. If you're cranking for half an hour in snow past your cars roof, move somewhere else and re-wire the ign system with new wire and good parts.

funny thing.  I took the battery out and took a chance at Oreilly  .  had the original buyers number on a sticker.  I gave it to him and bam! FREE battery@!!!!!!

on the receipt it said $288  WTF!! what cheap Oreilly's battery cost that much?  I have no Idea.  Its like 1000 CCA and like 8** RA

I got the idea after reading a thread some where.  Last month I took a Costco battery back and I had the guys name.  Costco gave me a gift card for $75.

man you don't think about how much a battery cost till you have to replace one.  I just replaced 2. and still got another car in need of one.