HybridZ

Aggressive fitment for zg-flares?

Hi, 

I`m now running Rota RB-R`s from the group buy, and would like a second pair of wheels. This time in 15" with as much dish/lip as possible, and run a very aggressive fitment. 

Looking at the Diamond Racing Wheels, and would like some input on what to order. I`m on zg-flares, coilovers, and toyota brakes. 

15x8 -51 front and 15x10-38 rear, how does that sound? Or would it be better to run 10" all around? 

Thank`s!

-JImmy

post-11135-0-42960900-1362001844_thumb.jpg

You want a lower offset in the front like miky said. On that note, do not buy diamond racing if you want to look good. They look alright. Go with super awesome wheels like volks or ssr's, something one off. 

If you really want to go with diamonds, check out comic artists Z. He is running some diamonds with flares.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38323-form-function-s30/ 

Thank`s, glad to hear you like how the car came out! 

I`m for sure keeping the Rota`s, would just like a set of 15" as well, and with a more aggressive style. By aggressive I`m thinking ComicArtist is there. But are you running rear flares up front? And as I wrote 15x8 -51 wouldn't that just be 1mm further out then the 15x10 -25? Diamond only have 8" and 10", no 9/9,5". Would 8" up front make it better to drive, or is 10" all around the way to go?

For sure, my dream wheels are a set of 15" SSR MKIII, but it`s hard to find, and very expensive. 

Thank`s, glad to hear you like how the car came out! 

I`m for sure keeping the Rota`s, would just like a set of 15" as well, and with a more aggressive style. By aggressive I`m thinking ComicArtist is there. But are you running rear flares up front? And as I wrote 15x8 -51 wouldn't that just be 1mm further out then the 15x10 -25? Diamond only have 8" and 10", no 9/9,5". Would 8" up front make it better to drive, or is 10" all around the way to go?

For sure, my dream wheels are a set of 15" SSR MKIII, but it`s hard to find, and very expensive. 

Nope , 51 means 26mm more than 25 . LOL .

Domz, he is talking offset. a -25 on a 15x8 is not the same as a -25 on a 15x10. His calculation is correct.

Jimmy, if you go with a 15x8 up front you will get the same placement, but you won't get the stretch look like comic artists' car, even if you go with a 195 up front. If you are into the stretch/poke fad then do 15x10's all around. if you want something that looks a little more normal then go with the 15x8. The lip and outer fitment will be the same, but the stretch won't.

Also he is running flares up front.

Edited by BluDestiny

Ill try to upload my pictures when I get my wide flares from zforce. I have 16x8 -49 16x9 -51 with 245's and should be really flush if my calculations are right.

Wont be much stretch but should fill out the wide flares. What I guess im saying is its all in the tire choice and offset. Just remember that if you go diamonds, I've heard theyre really heavy.

If you're looking at steelies, Bassett wheels are better quality and approximately the same price. Steel wheels are not as light, but they're not ridiculously heavy either. When I first put my Z together I had Carroll Shelby cast aluminum 15x7s that weighed 25 lbs each. Now I have 15x14 Bassetts which weigh 25 lbs. 15x10 weighs 21 lbs.

www.bassettwheel.com

Edited by JMortensen

Going 5 lug would normally open up more options for 17"+ but when it comes to vintage small wheels, a 4 lug is the way to go. There are so many wheels I wanted but couldn't have when I once owned a FA5

Edited by miky360

Jimmy, fellow Norwegian;) If I were you I would try to find a set of classic japanese 2 or 3 piece wheels and buy new lips to get the width and offset you want.  Comic's sizes looks great, so use that as a reference. Look up yahoo.jp auctions, ebay etc to find a set of SSR MKII/ MKIII/ formula mesh, HRE 505, Work Pulse,  etc... Just my 0.02.

When you're tired of them you could sell them to me!

List with classic wheels (some japanese): http://www.ratdat.com/?page_id=101

If you don't wan't to spend hours looking, Work Equip is a great classic looking wheel you can get in low offsets. Rotiform, among others, will also make great looking 15" wheels in a classic design.

Edited by HaaJeHaa

Thank`s for all the input, regarding the offset I got my question answered from ComicArtist`s pictures. That is my maximum degree of aggressive, so I know how far I can go. 

Since I have the Rotas, I might just use my time searching for a old classic Japanese wheel. Nice list you got there HaaJeHaa, makes it easier to search when you know the names :) 

Work are selling nice wheels, but they are expensive, and right now I`m seeing a lot of Equip and Meister`s. Something old would be super nice.... 

• 7 months later...