HybridZ

280zx Arizona Z Car BBK Write-Up/Review

I understand where you're coming from, but i've personally seen and fixed them in the field. You get a car that doesn't have rear brake actuation, it WILL indeed nose dive harder than if the rear brakes were working properly. The rears grab first so you don't get that OH shit dive, i've dealt with it numerous times on several trucks with drum brakes. Sure spring rates and everything play a factor in it, but to say that rear brakes not actuating won't cause a car to dive is false, I've SEEN it, over and over again.

Would you say that front wheel drive cars do not "nose up" on acceleration.  Because that is the essence of your statement.  What I think you are referring to is how when you step on the brakes and you only have 65% of your normal braking force due to the rears not engaging.  Then you get that Oh sh!t- stand hard on the pedal dive.  Not trying to beat you up here dude, as I appreciate your review of the product, but physics is physics.  As far as prop valves are concerned they are but another tuning tool.  There is no plug and play best brakes, not even stock.  There will always be braking adjustments needed, different track, different conditions, different driver, etc. and prop valve is the easiest way to do it. 

Edited by roger280zx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, but the kits is only for  a 1978 according to the Arizona site, so was there no change from the 280z of 1978? for the front and back braking system.

Or is this another kit and for the fronts only?

AZC sells brake kits for more than just '70 to '78 S30's. Go look at the AZC website again.

Nigel