HybridZ

Rb25det series 2 running rich

David GArcia

Hello guys i had my car running right for about a year now well reccently it has been acting up at idle/start. I was getting a hard start and running rich at idle. So I already cleaned my iac valce. Adjusted my tps to .47 volts, cleaned throttle body (q45), cleaned my o2 sensor and maf. I got rid of my hard start issue but it seems as if i still end up running rich after the car warms up.

So I believe my maf is the issue because my volts go up to 1.8v at idle and it begins running rich and black smoke comes out of the tailpipe.When this starts to happen my idle drops down to 500-700 rpm.
I was reading somewhere and the correct specs ofr the maf should be 1v to 1.4v for a e60 series 2  (pink tag) maf.

I have a power fc that tells me data in real time. I also figured that my maf is supposed to read ambient air temperature but it doesnt read anything at all. Does this sound like a bad maf?

Edited by David GArcia

Update: I finally got a new mas airflow shipped. I used a 97 usdm maxima maf that was bought new from ebay for about 35 dollars compared to a oem rb25det series 2 used maf(pink sticker) that usually go for around 75-100. They are interchangeable as they are the same maf with just different part numbers. After i installed this new maf i had put the voltage back up since this maf was actually reading the right voltage. I'm just putting this info out there who one day will need a new maf down the road they will know exactly what to look for. Im not sure if this information was in these forums already.

OEM #: maxima 1997 maf 2268031U00 = rb25det series 2 maf 2268031U05

Edited by David GArcia

• 1 month later...

Can anyone explain how to test the maf to see if it is operating correctly. My car seems to be running fine at idle around 14-15 lambda but when I reach boost it starts dropping and going really rich. It is also idling at around 900 and some times after reving the enging or letting off the gas it wants to die.

• 1 month later...